LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: shot down in flames
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:38 pm 
There I was just getting exited about building a V8 luv and I found a 79 with step side real cheap but it does not fit I was surprised I am 6ft and 285lb not a lot of fat either but the cab is hard to get in and out of and the front to back space is poor . my curent 82 ford courier has plenty of space I was going to V8 that but saw a real cute luv stepside and yes the luv looks like it's easy to drop aV8 in much easier than the courier . Has anyone shortened the seering colum or are there any seats that sit farther back , were there any diferent cabs made ? I could streach one but lose the looks if you have a luv , go sit in a later courier and you'll see what I mean Any ideas [loose weight does not count] Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:54 pm 
In all honesty you could pull out the seats and re-drill new holes a little further back........................thats what the guy did who previously owned mine and I had to move the seat back to the original holes. mine also has buckets (not original seats) I'm not sure what kind of difference there would be in moving them back. hope this might help you a little.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 9:41 pm 
I have bucket seats from an unknown source and have them mounted right up againt the back of the cab. I'm 6' 3", 250 lbs, and fit in fine. Stepsides are way cool! John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 9:48 pm 
I have the plastic racing buckets and am 6' 230lbs. No probs. Bryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 6:08 am 
Addicted to LUV

The buckets I had in mine sat right on the floor and was all the way back to the back. I am 6'4", but skinny as a tall drink of water.
anyway I have plenty of room.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 8:06 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

I'm 6'3 210 and i put a smaller steering wheel in to help with getting in and out. It just seems difficult to get in if your used to more space...would have been nice if the cab had been about 5 inches longer...oh well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 8:10 am 
Lol I must be the runt of the bunch I'm only 5'8" :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 10:39 am 
da LUV masta

Geez, seems the LUV truck is the choice of giants! I am 6'4" 248 and I fit in mine just right with the seat back. You might check to make sure your seat rails arent stuck, and preventing the seat from sliding all the way back.

---------------------------------------------
63 Nova
74 Camaro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 10:48 am 
Addicted to LUV

I'm 6 feet, 220 pounds, and I guess I'm just used to it. I got in the truck yesterday for a quick spin, and started thinking about this post, and I guess it is a little tight. I have the factory bench and the factory steering wheel, but the LUV was my first truck, and I guess I just grew into it..lol I weighed a lot less back when I was 15.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 7:36 pm 
Feel the Steel

Too funny! I am 6'3" and 220! :D It is a little harder getting in and out then compared to my S10 but it is still comfortable. I would like to chop the top but then I definatly wouldn't be able to drive it then. I have noticed at car shows that big guys drive little trucks and little guys drive big trucks!! Also funny what drummer said about fitting when you got the truck!! I was as tall as the truck when I got mine!! Now the truck roof comes up to my chest as I went up and it went down!

RIP R.J.B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 7:23 pm 
OG Lifer

i do believe giants like luv trucks. i am 6'3" 265 lbs. i shave my head clean with a razor so i have plenty of head room :lol: . dont get your dobber in the dirt buddy, i have seen some VERY low profile bucket seats that would be perfect. i am looking for a good pair for mine. later :wink:

WATCH YOUR PIEHOLE!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 7:54 pm 
this space for rent

wow i feel realy small now. 5'7" 150lbs. And i fit fine in my luv... :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 9:08 pm 
OG Lifer

yeah yeah, dont rub it in. i dont feel bad next to my brother. he is 6' 7" 300 lbs and he drove the luv for 3 months while his truck was in the shop. talk about a circus joke :lol:

WATCH YOUR PIEHOLE!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 10:47 pm 
Well Mepr dont worry It just means we'll be lighter at the starting line !! :lol: and hopefully first at the finish :scrambleup: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 7:44 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

I am by no means skinny 5'10" and 235 but also have a bad back and I had problems getting in and out of most smaller lower to the ground vehicles. My Camery is one of the worst. But I added a tilt wheel to my truck and it could be moved forward as well.I would suggest a GM unit from a wrecking yard. If money is no object check out the street rod magazine's several people are making aftermarket ones. Locate it so you can get in and out the best you can and build some brackets.
A neat trick for a bottom bracket is a muffler clamp. :idea: Weld a piece of angle iron on the piece the threaded U bolt goes through this gives you a way to bolt it to the floor. It allows you to slide the column in and out untill you get the right location then you can put a small tack weld on it and the bottom is done.
When looking for a column you can find one with tilt , ignition switch, Headlight's , dimmer switch,wiper's and clean the dash up at the same time.Good luck but don't let the location of the column stop you go for it and make it work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 9:43 am 
Addicted to LUV

RATNLUV wrote:
When looking for a column you can find one with tilt , ignition switch, Headlight's , dimmer switch,wiper's and clean the dash up at the same time.

see thats one of the reason i like LUVs is b/c they got that stuff on the dash 8)

btw im 5' 9" and around 195 and i never had a problem, except its a bitch to see some red lights w/ the sunvisor. course i havent drove my truck in so long i forget what its like :cry:

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 4:40 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

Not meant as a bad thing on cleaning up the dash.I am real limited on dash space.The middle is unable to be used as a dash. Anything mounted would be seen from the engine bay so I am looking for everything on the column that I can. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 5:02 pm 
Addicted to LUV

D'oh :splat: how could i forget that you had to remove the dash

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 8:09 pm 
6' 200#'s and I feel fine. i have some courbeau racing seats and getting over the raised side of the seat takes a bit mor effort, but once your in its great. 8O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 8:44 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

I'm 6"3" @ 200lbs so I guess their are a lot of tall guys who like these little trucks. Plan on putting buckets in real soon. But I have very little trouble getting into mine. 8)