LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: race at Irwindale
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:58 pm 
Hey guys,well the last race at Irwindale for the year is over and it was a little exciting 8O .First, I was the only luv truck there :? I did do better than last time :D .I posted a 8.46@90mph. :) I thought that was pretty good for street tires(B.F.Goodrich T/A).I still have the stock rearend in it .I spun the tires mostly in first gear this time,and short shifted into third(on purpose)to keep anymore tire spin to a minimum.If things stay good for me I will put a 9inch or something in it and put a set of slicks on it :D The engine has enough power to go a hell of alot faster than what it does but I guess it is better than nothing for now.But when I do get all it,it will run in the 6's :twisted: TRUST ME :!: :!: :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 2:22 am 
Addicted to LUV

Sorry I missed it. :( Sounds like fun.

I can tell your making power. There's a second difference between us but we're both running 90mph. Sound like if you got that thing to hook you would smoke me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:33 pm 
I WENT TOO, I WAS THERE FROM 5PM TO 10PM
I POSTED A 7.87 AT 89.45MPH
HEY MIKE MY STOCK REAREND LASTED UNTILL I PUT THE SLICKS ON ,IT WORKED GREAT ON THE STREET TIRE,IT HAD THE 4.11 GEAR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:35 pm 
HEY MIKE DID YOU SEE THAT CAR GO 5.13 AT 135 AND CRASH AT THE END OF THE TRACK? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:33 pm 
Yea I saw it from the starting line.Holy Sh!!!!! 8O 8O 8O.I was talking to my cop buddy at the time.The last I heard was either he did not know it was 1/8th mile, D'OH :!: or his throttle stuck :cry: Did you hear anymore about it or how he is doing :?: Anyways,I have a 4.56 gear in my stock rearend right now.I got my racecar engine back so most of my money is going towards that :? But I might save some of that money to finish off the LUV :D I told myself I would not spend too much money on the truck but I cant stand knowing that my truck cant hook up :evil: I will talk to you guys later,Michael VH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:05 pm 
they air-lifted him out ,they said he was talking when they took him,i didnt hear how he was after that ,did you see the pile of [stuff ]at the end
? did you hear that they are doing two more races on the 12th and the 19th ? are you going ? i finaly took my truck apart to put new heads on ,but i am going to watch ,two friends have mustangs!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 11:02 pm 
I read in the paper that they will race the rest of the year.I cant make it I just spent $3000 on my race car to get it ready for next year 8O
later,VH