LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: vacuum lines
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 7:18 pm 
Addicted to LUV

i'm wondering if anybody knows where all the vacuum lines go on a 80'' 4wd.i have most of them correct but not all are attached.any help will be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 8:29 pm 
OG Lifer

well, lets see. you have 2 ports on your carb, assuming its stock. on my 79 4x4 with all the fancy emmisions stuff, the larger of the two, (the one in the front on the passenger side), goes to the vacuum advance on the distributor. the other is plugged off. there are three devices in your stock air cleaner. one is a hot idle compensator, another is the thermo sensor, and the third is the vacuum motor and hot air switching valve. the hot air valve is connected on top of the air cleaner and the line runs around the front to a tee where the other two are connected. the line coming off of the tee in turn goes to the inner side of the intake manifold where two more vacuum ports are. one of which on mine is plugged off, and one connects to the three hooters in the air cleaner. you will have a pvc line from the valve cover to the air cleaner. on the back of the air cleaner, there is another line that goes to a three port solenoid mounted on the firewall. the two lines that come out of this valve appear to go to the front and rear ends to serve as a negative case vent. if you have power brakes, there is a large port on the drivers side of the air cleaner next to the air horn. i think thats it if anyone else has anything to add, it would be helpful. i'm not sure if i got them all or not. hope this helps. :D

WATCH YOUR PIEHOLE!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 7:11 am 
Addicted to LUV

thanks alot.it really doesn't make much sense to me now but i'm going to print this and get under the hood.just got off of a 12 hour graveyard shift.thanks again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:02 pm 
OG Lifer

no problem and if i missed something or got something wrong tell me and i will try to scan all of the pages containing any vacuum stuff and email them to you.

WATCH YOUR PIEHOLE!!!!!!