LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 4:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: whats the sport mean?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:54 am 
Addicted to LUV

my truck is considered a 1980 4wd sport luv.does anyone know what the sport means.i can't find any differance between any other luv i've ever seen

Post subject: Sport Means$$$
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:35 am 
Hey bcg,

The sport means that back in the day that they could charge more for that vehicle for insurance. My dad has an 82 dodge Rampage (Wanna talk about NEVER seeing another like yours!) And he has been bitching for years for just that reason they take a vehicle slap a "SPORT" label on it and Voila instant jump in Cost to register and insure. I don't know of any Sport badging, vehicle codes, or options for a LUV Sport . Same for my dads Rampage. It was the 80's everybody was doin it. Put the name sport on something and it is supposed to mean something. :x Sorry bout the rant but I sure don't like insurance and the gouging most of us take just to drive.

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:12 am 
Addicted to LUV

IT'S ENOUGH TO MAKE ME LAUGH BUT REALLY PI**ES ME OFF. I PAY 180 A MONTH FOR INSURANCE.I WISH I COULD FIND THE A** WHO THOUGHT TO MAKE INSURANCE SO HIGH :snipersmile: THEY COULD GIVE ME A BREAK.I GOT A CLEAN SLATE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:58 pm 
180$ a month YIKES 8O Man I pay 92 dollars a month for 2 vehicles and one of them has full coverage!!! lol Actually my insurance for my luv is like 35 a month for liability it's my wifes damn :snipersmile: Ford Probe that gets me lol Hence the name I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:25 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

man my insurance on my luv is about $40 a month while my 99 dakota is $200 a month..."legal rape". Thought about dropping it all and start dumping the cash into each of them, always need more speed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 6:40 am 
Addicted to LUV

right now i don't have no insurance.the place where i was insured told me 130 a month but then i got the bill and they said 283 a month so i said screw it.i just let them drop me.when my truck is back on the road i plan on going through geico.they put me at 180

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:43 am 
Addicted to LUV

I had my truck added with my other trucks policy. it came out to 78.00 for 6 months(liability only) The other truck has full coverage even though its been paid off for about 3 years now.They even asked if it had a 4,6,or 8 cyl engine. I was honest and told them 6 cyl. My driving record is clean. You would be wise to look around for a better deal.

What do Water, Electricity and Humans have in common... They all travel the path of least resistance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 12:20 pm 
Addicted to LUV

lol... Insurance??? What's that? I live in a suburb of Memphis, right beside it in Mississippi, and both of these places have laws against drivers with no liability insurance. Well, go figure, as soon as they pass these laws the insurance rates for just about every company I've looked at have gone up at least a third.

I know I'm supposed to have a moral responsibility and all to carry insurance, but this is nuts. Seven years with no at-fault accidents, and all it boils down to is paying my for my insurance agent's daughter's car. It's cheaper for me to pay the tickets.

Post subject: insurance
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:16 pm 
I used to think insurance was a joke and then my truck was stolen and stripped. I wasnt required at the time to have any coverage, so i didn't. I look at paying for insurance now days a little different. Bryan