LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: motor mounts
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 9:33 pm 
I have a 79 luv i'm currently building for street and frequent strip use and i'm to find out if anybody knows of cheaper motor mount kit or is the hooker kit the only option also same qouestion about trans mount kit. Also maybe someone may have extrra mounts they sell me. any response would be greatly appreciated. thanks luv's are number 1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:17 am 
Addicted to LUV

you have mail

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:44 pm 
Remove stock frame mounts neatly trim the mount plate weld piece of 3/8 id steel tube to the top. Use solid motor mounts from jegs or some where like that. Plaace motor where you want it trim the stock frame mount to meet the frame. my oil pan is only 1/4" up off the steering rod. The trans mount is stock trans will sit just right on it drill two holes works great.I used two rubber shock bushing placed over trans bolts w/large flat washerso it would not be totaly solid butwould not flex much either.

Post subject: 350 into 80 4x4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:08 pm 
I purchased a 1980 Luv 4 spped 4x4 for $100.00 1.8 Engine is locked up would like to put in a chevy small block with automatic trans and would like know what I need to install it keeping the 4x4 usable what trans & Tranfer casescases to look for I work for a wrecking yard and we go to the action almost daily
Please help !!!