LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:46 pm 

Derek,

Please tell us that you have another LUV project in the works and that you are selling your LUV to get more funds for that?

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline ... 038144.htm

Post subject: DASH
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:53 pm 
hey Derek, trade me dashes B4 ya sell her - K

J/k if i remember right- youve got a perf dash in that truck and you could probably sell that on this site! B4 you stick someone who knows nothing about LUVs with a trasure like that!

Brent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:41 pm 
Addicted to LUV

LOL!

They caught you Derek.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 7:34 pm 
HUH? WHAT? YOUVE GOTTA BE KIDDING! Bryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:18 am 
da LUV masta

Boy nothing slips past you guys! Now the guilt really sets in! hehe! Well yes it is true, really a long story, but I will try and clear the air briefly. My initial intent on selling it was to put the cash into a new 72 LUV project. It didn’t make sense to tear out so much of what I invested into it just to make it faster. But anyway, being a family of four I have gotten some flack about the LUV being to small to seat the family when we go on cruises, and other car related events. So in order to solve these problems, I ended up buying a first generation Chevy Nova, a 63 2-door sedan to be specific. I can feel the hate mail coming already! Hehe! (hey at least it's not a Honda or something!) I didn’t want to post anything about it since I figured most wouldn’t really care as long as the site would continue to thrive. I hope the truck sells, but there is the chance it may not, 5k is a lot of dough for a Chevy LUV, but I have well over that invested in it, so we will see I guess. I hope to hook the new owner up with the site to keep tabs on the truck. I myself plan to remain involved with the website, I am still doing the t-shirts (hurry now and buy some shirts before I change my mind!) LOL – and any info I come across I will share with the site, plus I may assist in some website enhancements down the road. I still have a ton of LUV stuff, factory literature, etc. So don’t feel I am “cashing out” of the LUV community, I just may not be an owner myself. However if the truck doesn’t sell I may just hold onto it and give it to my Son in ten years when he learns to drive, I am sure my wife would love that! LOL

---------------------------------------------
63 Nova
74 Camaro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 2:17 pm 
Keep it for your boy......... man when I turned 16 I couldnt wait for my Dad to gimme the ol' truck (course it was a Ford step side) but none the less I was so stoked the first day I got to drive it to school. I was onn cloud nine when he gave it to me. Not to mention you can still take it out for a cruise very once in a while to blow off some steam. Hope this helps you in your decision. HINT HINT !!!! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 3:44 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

I say give it to the boy and be a cool dad....I only wish my parents would have givin me something to drive...of course because of that I ended up talking my grandma into giving me the LUV that was rusting away in her driveway. :D I guess it was fate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 9:57 am 
Feel the Steel

Thanks to my dad, I have my LUV!! :) He woke me up on Saturday about 3 months before I turned 16 and said "Let's get you a vehicle!!" We went to the Chevy delearship and it was between a Chevette, a Dodge D-50 and a LUV that was a farmers truck. (This was back in 82) and I am glad I made the right choice!! Thanks dad!!!

RIP R.J.B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 6:46 pm 
Addicted to LUV

lol
i am trying to get a mental image of a show chevette :roll:
derek KEEP IT :!:

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 7:17 pm 
Feel the Steel

Yea, I have to thank my dad when I see him next week. (hint hint derek!!) Just think, if I would have gotten the Chevette. I would probably not into cars/trucks and would most likely be a crackhead now! :D Save your son from a life less desireable Derek, pass down your LUV. All kidding aside, if you can find a buyer that has the cash and most important, will take care of it, that would be sweet. I couldn't imagine parting with mine, must be a hard decision! I have had mine for 20 years now and it would take a good chunk of cash to part with it and that isn't going to happen that I see. Good luck man!

RIP R.J.B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 9:12 pm 
8) well if you sell your luv at least you picked a good race car -i love those chev 2s[nova],what did you have in mind for it? 406sbc with nos
i hope! lets see some pics!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:49 am 
da LUV masta

I guess fate will dictate if the LUV stays around or not! hehe Yes I think the 63 deuce will be a good choice, although it's hard to compete with the Chevy LUV, I mean the LUV has so much more going for it, rigid full frame, light weight, lots of engine room, tire clearance, etc. The Nova will weight about the same, but I got lots to work out in the rear to fit decent tires on it, but to be honest I could'nt find anything else that even came close to the features of the LUV in a 4 passenger car! The deuce will recieve a 540 horse small block (on the motor), 3k stall converter, not sure on a glide or turbo 350, and a ford 9" 4.10's with a 200 shot of spray (just for emergencies), I hope to get it in the 10's, and drive it on the street.

63 Nova
74 Camaro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 5:00 pm 
da LUV masta

I forogt to mention it, but if anyone on the site here is interested in the truck let me know, I am open to any reasonable offers.

63 Nova
74 Camaro