LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 6:05 pm 

Ok I'm at my limit and about to snap. 79 Luv 2wd new clutch, head gasket, intake gasket, exhaust gasket, new distributor and vacuum advance, new plugs, new wires, you fuel pump fuel lines and fuel filters, and yes new gas premium. Plus Weber 32/36 carburetor with electric joke that's ran fantastic on three different vehicles, but I've rebuilt it twice and still have the same problem so I don't think it's the carburetor. The problem is it keeps backfiring in the carburetor no matter how I time it no matter how much work I've done with it I'm about to give up it's cost me I don't even want to count the hours that I've put into it the money is also ridiculous I can't figure it out can anybody out

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:32 pm 

I am having exactly the same problem. I haven't solved it yet, but my gut says it has to do with the timing. Either the vacuum advance isn't working, or I am I just way off time. Backfiring into the carb mean the ignition is happening on the intake stroke. That only happens when there is a bad valve or bad timing...right?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:27 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Often backfiring through the carb is due to a lean condition. Clogged fuel filter, low fuel pressure, other restrictions…