LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:55 pm 

Hello,

I am writing in hopes of help. My 1981 Chevy Luv 4x4 diesel with 77,000 miles in perfect condition was hit while parked outside of my house the other day. I have put so much time and money into it and restoring it, and was even thinking of selling it soon before this happened, because most of my money is bound up in it. I live in San Francisco, where the cost of cars is very expensive, and I was planning to sell it for quite a bit of money. However, my insurance company is hardly offering me anything for it, and they can't find any real comps and came up with a completely arbitrary appraisal, which I have been contesting, but they said all I can do is find a comparable truck with a VIN number and contact information so they can verify it actually was real and sold and what amount it was sold for. I have been searching everywhere, and I have found a few ads on classic car websites, but I haven't been able to reach or confirm them. If anyone here has sold their Chevy Luv diesel 4x4 anywhere in the country and can give me your contact or proof that you sold it and how much you sold it for, this would be sooo helpful! My email is katia.the.hummingbird@gmail.com.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:20 am 
Addicted to LUV

I can document where an '81 4x4 diesel sold for over $13,000 -- but it had under 200 miles on it and needed no restoration.

Jack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:24 pm 

Thank you!!

That's great... though I checked with my insurance and they want more similar mileage.

I really appreciate your response though!