LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:33 am 

Back story.... many years ago...(think mid 80's...)
I built a '72 Luv with a screaming small block... it was a 283 punched out and built with all Chevy 302 parts. Turbo 350 trans. I lived in Fayetteville NC at the time, ran it at the track a few times,,kept it street legal.
The truck was painted with white Dupont Imron and had a black Chevy bowtie on a flat sheet metal fabricated tailgate.

Fast forward... I ended up moving to Houston Texas, brought the truck with me,,,I ultimately ended up using the truck as a trade in when I purchased a boat from a dealer..I took the the sales manager for one ride in it, and he had to have it...so last I knew, the truck ended up in South Houston. Baytown area...

I did see the truck several times after that, at an electrical supply house off of I-45 near Galveston..
It was easy to tell that it was the truck due to the paint..Imron looks wet even when dry, and is a tough paint...and with the fabricated tailgate and black bowtie on the back, it was a dead giveaway...

Long story short, I moved from Houston, but have always wondered if anyone knows of or has ever seen the truck... The truck was fast...so much fun to drive..that I now recently purchased a small blocked 79 to have fun with again...

But you never forget your first LUV....