LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:47 pm 

I have a 1980 short bed, i been working in this project for almost 2 years. A couple days ago i towed my Luv from Mcallen Texas to Minnesota with a tow bar. I have aq1 coilovers in the front, modified upper arms, lower balljoint spacers, torsion bars deleted. Rear have a 5 inch drop blocks with Monroe air max shocks (ma824). I wonder if i can add an air compressor, tank and electric air valves to control rear shocks. About front air shocks withou torsion keys?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:19 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Given the small amount of air in an air shock,IMO,you would risk blowing them with a full on pump and tank setup. Are you just wanting to control ride height while driving, or are you wanting to compete/ hop your truck? My last truck 72 C10, had air bags in the rear,that I pumped up and down with a simple air pump meant for tires,that I plumbed in to the bags and a manual dump valve so I could bleed off air at will,with the pump just wired to an on off toggle switch. It wasn't for filling the bags instantly,like a tank would,and a little noisy,lol since the pump was under the front seat,but it filled the bags from cruising altitude to load for the dump,in a few seconds.