LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:19 pm 

I have been trying to figure out a small drain coming from my luv. If I don't start the truck for a few days battery is dead even after a full charge. Also there is a missing fuse for interior lights. I added a new fuse and blow right when I touch it so for sure I have a bad connection or ground.
But main question is I have this switch in the cabin that is connected to coil. Switch has to be pushed down to have truck started, switched up no power to coil and truck won't start. Is there a reason for this? Security? but switch is right there in plain site.

Attachments:
PicsArt_08-20-03.15.31.jpg
PicsArt_08-20-03.15.31.jpg [ 480.85 KiB | Viewed 2806 times ]
PicsArt_08-20-03.16.46.jpg
PicsArt_08-20-03.16.46.jpg [ 512.05 KiB | Viewed 2806 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:42 am 

That might be for security purposes. But that red wire coming off of the ballast resistor should be hooked up to the terminal closest to it on the coil. I'm not sure why someone would do that unless you have a bigger power issue at play very well. Is there power going to the coil when your switch is turned on with the key off?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:21 am 

wafflzz wrote:
That might be for security purposes. But that red wire coming off of the ballast resistor should be hooked up to the terminal closest to it on the coil. I'm not sure why someone would do that unless you have a bigger power issue at play very well. Is there power going to the coil when your switch is turned on with the key off?

Well just yesterday that red wire just broke off while doing a weber 32/36 install. And I am having issues starting the Luv now, that is when I found the broken wire. But I put the wire back and still no start. So I will replace the Ballast resistor and put the wiring back to original spec and see if I can get this truck started.