LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Hey... Back
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:17 pm 

Not like noticed I was gone. LoL. But got new phone forgot to back up my stuff and slowly getting things back. Was looking for a radiator for the Lil luv and this place popped up.. I was oh crap Ya been there.

Well my 74 is slowly coming along. I finally found out what engine it has. And kinda got my anxiety to wanna go cruise boiling again. I got the info from http://chevymania.com/ and came up with:::

1989-350-truck-210-L05

So guessing game dun for engine.
So now I am in need of a good radiator place to check on getting a 4core for it. People who did this v8 conversion I curse every corner in restore hit. Well they left original radiator in it and put 2 fans in it. I don't know alot bout things but I know that will not keep that engine cool. So Ya if anyone could answer me a couple questions pointing me in right direction will be awesome.

Any good recommended radiator places I can order online?
And so nice racing seats. I love these but price good? amazon

Post a few pics of where I am at with this "fixing Frankenstein" I have dubbed it...

Attachments:
File comment: Brought it to a new home.. Bigger place for me to work. I visit her 3x a week. LoL
20140424_130005.jpg
20140424_130005.jpg [ 1.92 MiB | Viewed 5290 times ]
File comment: Some of the panel is dun. Using old speedo till I get the no look in color I want.
20140410_171112.jpg
20140410_171112.jpg [ 1.68 MiB | Viewed 5290 times ]
File comment: Engine compartment Lil more cleaner
20140427_114505.jpg
20140427_114505.jpg [ 1.62 MiB | Viewed 5290 times ]
 Post subject: Re: Hey... Back
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:05 pm 

Just picked up this radiator from an online store. $209.00

Well not letting me upload any pics. But really nice aluminum radiator. Now it's time to find a 82 Trans am rear end. =)

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:54 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Why a 82 trans am rear end?

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:09 am 

Buddy said the rear end won't hold up. Doesn't necessarily gotta be 82 Trans am. Just out of the ones he brought up is the one I remember. He said it needs to be a 10 bolt with posi.

I am learning a bunch with this truck. Still got a lot to learn. Just love how people see the video of the truck then hear it for up for first time. Jaw dropping experience. LoL

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:46 am 
Addicted to LUV

With those little tires the stock rear end would hold up for awhile. You do know that a different rear end is going to be wider then what you have and the bolt pattern will be different.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:07 am 

Ya thinkin wider stance on rear. Maybe fatter tires help with grip. As for holding up. I am hoping to hold up for a bit. It has the daytons on it now and everyone asks when I swapping out. Tell them when they buy me a nice pair of reg rims I will trade lol we going to lose the tires on it now and slap some fatter hopefully 50 s on it

I don't plan on racing. Just being able to keep control. Cops seen it rolling into town on flat bed. And already came to visit after neighbor called about noise lol. They looked it over and left. So Ya I know they will be watching. And don't care. Keep it legal all is good.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:04 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

I have heard that the dana rear ends from one of those old mail jeeps will fit right in it. If you can find one.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:44 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Before taking your friends advice do yourself a big favor and get the measurements. As far as I have seen there is one S-10 rear end that fits but you need differant offset rims. I think any rear end you get most likely would need the spring lands welded on to the LUV spring pack width.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:10 am 

thank you for the advice and yes. I am "dragging my feet" so I can get my time to check out all possibilities first. I appreciate the comments and will also be looking into the jeep alternative.

i think still on the terms if it aint broke don't fix it... and i will be pushing to keep a rear end on speed dial so leaving the one on the truck until something should happen, then grab the secondary to me.

any of you have any issue with the seat brackets? seeing as bench seats were standard? this one had buckets but also he was lookin to die i think. the seat brackets were screwed to plywood then the plywood was screwed to the truck. only thing i can think of was to make the brackets line up. well they didn't even do this right... each seat was only attatched with 2 bolts hahaha. but any how i am goin to grab couple racing seats. and is it easier if know how to weld to manufacture your own brackets?

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:58 pm 

Where did those rims come from?