LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Gotta LUV it lol
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am 
Addicted to LUV

Mikado also has two horns, switches in the door for the light and a few other thinks as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:15 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Yours is a mikado, steering wheel, seats, door panels, dual horns, switches in door to turn on dome light etc. Not sire what else is mikado specific
Does your truck have any badging? I have bed side mikado emblems, the glove box one, and the fender luv badges

1993 Lexus SC400 my Daily
2004 Yamaha WR250F my new love in life
2016 Toyota Camry my girls ride

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:42 pm 

I just have the fender luv badge, also mine dosent have door switches for the lights, hell i dont have a dome light lol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:46 pm 

Hay so i cant quite afford the gas millage im gettin right now with the lift an 30's...if i get rid of my body lift/rear shakles an gondown to normal tires will my milage improve by much? Also at that point could i lower the truck an keep the 4wd connected or would i havta diconnect it to go lower then stock hight?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:36 pm 

do you drive more highway or city?
my brothers auto luv gets low 20s when most highway cause it turns a lot of rpm but does about the same in the city cause it shifts into third at 15 mph. why they make a truck that goes 15 mph in the same gear it goes 70 I'll never understand but anyways we also need to know how well it runs. do you have access to a wideband o2 sensor? my brother got his set deadnuts @ 14.7 with the rebuilt factory hitachi carb. What mpg are you getting? any black sooty smoke when accelerating? how long since general tune-up?

basically we need general info on condition of truck, driving habbits, and what you consider bad gas mileage.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:57 am 

The truck runs great, no smoke, no oil burn/leak, lots of power an i do a combo of both but really not worried about town cuz yea i cruise our 25mph streets in fourth, its the highway that i wanna improve cuz drivin I90 at 65/70 an watchin my gas gauge dump is kinda shitty...an i mean id like to pull low to mid 20's

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:52 am 

the only way dropping tire size and lift would help is if your motor is pulled down really bad by the drag and extra load of big tires. how far are you into the throttle when cruising 65-70? you should only be barely touching it like 15-20% throttle to maintain speed on level ground. if your pretty far into it then that'd explain the bad economy. when you drop in tire size you are going to drasticly increase your you final drive ratio so in turn you will increase your rpm on the highway greatly. either way you could still end up with same mpg. i am still under the impression that you may by running rich even though you still make good power and dont see soot. what carb do you have?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:05 am 

heres the obvious....if your truck isnt being pulled down cause of extra tire and lift but is turning to many rpm still then you swap out the ring and pinion to a lower numerical gear. less work than removing the lift and cheaper than buying tires win win win. i dont know anything about our axles though so youd have to get advise from someone that knows isuzu diffs and their interchangeability with other models and years. do you know how many rpm your turning?