LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Thank you Luvtruck.com!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:06 am 

I'd like to thank the users of this forum for encouraging me to save my LUV from the wrecking yard. Wasn't until I tried to sell it and part it out on this forum that I realized I wasn't alone in my love for these trucks, and everyone told me that for what it was it was in great shape and would make a great project for a newbie like me.

This truck has more meaning to me than just the metal and rubber and how unique and rare it is on it's own. My grandfather bought this truck new in 1980, I was born in 1981 and I grew up riding in the back of this exact truck with my older brother my entire childhood heading up to my grandfathers camp. As I got older I learned to drive stick on this truck, and rode around the country side with my grandfather as he used to do with me when I was little. When my grandfather got dementia I bought it from my grandmother to help her with bills, a few years later my grandfather passed. I've had it for 12-years now. Had it on the road for about 6-years and it's spent the last 6-years under a pile of crap in my garage, always having the intent to breathe life back into her at some point. But sometimes life takes over and two kids and a new house later I almost let her go to a freakin' wrecking yard… what an ass I am.

I am no mechanic, I'm not even close. So I took it to one to get her checked out to see if she was worth the time and money to get her running. Turns out that was a great decision. So 15-days and $400 later after posting the truck for sale, and about 10-days from almost scrapping her… SHE'S RUNNING AND DRIVING and only a tie rod replacement and a few marker lights from passing NYS inspection! I'm driving her home tonight.

Planning to spend the NY winter in the garage trying to do some smaller things on my own to learn a bit more about it mechanically (tune up, radiator flush, ect.) so come spring she'll be all ready to pass NYS inspection and road worthy. Since it hasn't ran in 6+ years, I just realized the other day that I can now take my two girls (6 and 3) out in the same truck that my grandfather took me out in…

So, thank you. I don't know if I'd have ever forgiven myself for letting her go. In the coming months and years I'm sure I'll have MANY questions from mechanical to body work but it sounds like this is the place to find the right help. Someday I hope she's in tip top shape, but for now, I'm just going to enjoy the ride home when I pick her up tonight!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:25 am 
Addicted to LUV

Im sure we are all glad you decided to hold on to it. It really sucks to see them headed to scrap yards there juat aremt enough left for that. And im also sure your going to much much happier taking the kids out in it when its donee than you woulda been with two hundred bucks from a salvage yard

1993 Lexus SC400 my Daily
2004 Yamaha WR250F my new love in life
2016 Toyota Camry my girls ride