LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Looking to reconnect
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:06 am 

Boy doesn't that start off like a love story....

About 13 years ago I used to own a '79 :smt060 . I owned it from 96-00. Saved money from my first job and bought a 2whl and 4whl for $100. I know, what a killer deal. I restored the 4x4 with new and used parts of the 2whl with my dad and I was in heaven....... Well fast forward to end of high school.... I traded it (don't ask what I was thinking :roll: , young maybe?) for a 95 Cherokee... Which in reality has been a great vehicle... But I've never stopped missing my little Luv. I did find out the salesman who helped me bought it for his GF. But that is all I know. I have the VIN (old registration); I'm wondering if there is a way I can look for it. I'd love to get it back and start on it again.... :signhelp

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated....

Stacey

Post subject: Re: Looking to reconnect
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:59 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

I would think that the DMV in your area could possibly look it up. I know that some charge a fee for it. In the meantime you should find another Luv to play with.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:29 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

it wouldnt surprise me if you went to the DMV and asked them to look up the vehicle with the vin you have and they said they wouldnt give out that information, i dont know if they would, but it wouldnt surprise me one bit.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:55 pm 
Feel the Steel

Not sure about that, I got a call in Colorado when I had my S10 blazer from a guy wanting to buy it (it wasn't for sale at the time). I asked him how he got my number and said he went to the DMV and asked for a report for everyone who had a 2wd S10 blazer in Colorado. They charged him a fee and gave him a report a few weeks later of everyone that had one in the state, He had my vin number, phone number and address on that report. I was a little unhappy. :evil: Didn't think they would freely give out that kind of info.

RIP R.J.B.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:57 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

id be kinda pissed too, say you owned something that was known to be easily stolen, and some smart theft called DMV and asked for every owner of the car easiest to steal, now he knows where you live.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:59 pm 

I have a buddy here in California that has done a couple of searches on vehicles he was interested in buying. What he did here was he went to the dmv and told them that the car was sitting in his neighborhood abandoned for a year and wanted to see about acquiring it. They gave him a form to fill out to contact the owner, gave him the registered owners address and told him he would need a release from them. That simple. I have had experiences myself with a recent vehicle purchase. I called the dmv and they wouldn't give me any info other than the owners name. Go figure. I think they will help more at one of the branches rather than over the phone. Good luck!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:48 am 

Well, this is a good place to look! How could would it be if you could get that exact little truck again instead of just a replacement?

:) Good luck! You should post pics if you've got them!