LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 9:55 am 
Addicted to LUV

I ordered the last in stock engine mounts that jegs had today! whoohoo!
I am going to use these mounts to dial in where I want the engine then later on down the road I will install the front engine plate.
depending on the design of the mounts I might fabricate some for anyone that wants some. I am the draftsman at a fabrication shop and if some of you want mounts I can make them at half the cost of the hooker mounts.
I will let you know when I get them if I decide to make some.

I am also placing an order for a bunch of stuff this week including an 8 point roll cage, fuel cell and all the ignition needed for the buildup.
I will be putting pictures on the webpage as I install all of this.....so stay tuned! :silly:

Post subject: Hooker mounts
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 12:53 pm 
Hey,
I purchased the hooker motor mounts and trans mount for the 350/350 swap. I have alread installed the trans mount, but if you would like I can remove it and get the specs and pics. I paid $200+ for these from Summit. If I can save someone a little cash let me know. They look like they are real easy to fab up and I've had to grind the motor mounts down to get them to fit correctly.
I started the swap about a month ago but had to stop due to and accident I had when pulling the engine/trans out of my 70 Camaro.

8)

Jonnyb
Jonnyb89821@yahoo.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 5:22 am 
Addicted to LUV

thanks johnny!
I dont think that mount will work with what I am putting in mine.
I have a powerglide to go behind it.
what all did you have to grind on the motor mounts? that is kinda wack.
it said in the description that the hooker motor mounts had to use other motor mounts. was it talking about the stock 4 banger mounts as well or what?
thanks for the offer on the mount. if you have it off measure it anyway and I can fab it if anyone needs.

Post subject: Hooker mounts
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 4:33 pm 
The mounts are welded together with a piece of 2x2 angle iron used to separate the lower end of the mount. When fabbed up at Hooker the angle iron was not square on both mounts. I had to grind a considerable amount off to get them to sit flush on the frame rails. I just irked me a little, I paid $200 + for both mounts and the craftsmanship was not there. Anyway what engine are you putting in??? If it’s the small block chevy and your using the Hooker mounts then you’ll have to cut off the 4 banger mounts. There is an illustration on this web site of the mounts and what you have to do. http://www.luvtruck.com/pdf/12606.pdf It is the same one that comes with the Hooker mounts.

It’s going to be a week or so then I can go and pull the trans mount, and take pics and do the measuring on it. I’m still healing up! I mention this because I pulled a way stupid mistake! When prepping the engine and trans to come out of my Camaro it rolled off the car ramps I had it sitting on and rested on me! After a few minutes the wife came outside and found me. She jacked the car off and we went to the hospital. Had a bunch of x-rays done and nothing was broke thankfully. But I’m still very sore and have limited use of one arm. The lesson I want everyone to read was that this could have ended up a lot worse and it cut into my Luv build up fund by $1,500 (hospital bill). So be careful. Ok enough preaching lol

PS I do know a guy that lives close and he is looking to get rid of 350/350 combo and a 350Rocket /350 trans combo. All for $500 e-mail me if interested and I will send the info.

jonnyb89821@yahoo.com

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 3:44 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

The mount will work, the powerglides and th350's have the same mount. I know this cause i had a powrglide in mine, then i swapped it for a 350. Now i'm fixin to swap it for a 700r4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 5:07 am 
yes thank you I think I will make use of the mount. and make my own here at work. thanks to ben for letting me know about the mounts being the same.
thanks for the info on the mounts too.
dude hope you get better! that is wack about the car rolling.
if I would have known about welding the mounts in I would have got the info about the tranny mount from jonny and went by that since it says to locate it by them anyway. d'oh!

thank everyone for all the info!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 5:09 am 
gosh darnit I keep messin up peoples names.....sorry. well you know who you are......thanks.....JEEZ.....am I a head case or what?

Post subject: MOTOR MOUNTS
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 9:16 pm 
HEY YOU GUYS,
HOW MUCH IS IT GONNA COST ME TO GET MY HANDS ON A SET OF PRINTS SO I CAN MAKE MY OWN MOTOR AND TRANNY MOUNTS?
I HAVE A 350/350 COMBO AND NEED A SET IN A BAD WAY!

THANKS,
GILES5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 6:50 am 
Hey luv4me.......

I too am a draftsman by trade and I would love to have a sketch with dimensions of the motor and tranny mounts!!!!

I could fab up my own mounts with some plate steel and my welder......

How about grabbing some dimensions off of your mounts, throwing down a little artwork and passing them along to the rest of us poor folks....lol.....

Thanks,

Rich Jerozal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 10:27 pm 
SURELY SOMEONE OUT THERE HAS A SET OF MOUNT PATTERNS TUCKED AWAY! :D

THE CONVERSION IS GETTING CLOSE --- I NEED MOUNTS! :lol:

GILES5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 9:55 am 
Addicted to LUV

gosh darnit......guess I will have to measure these so no-one else will have to spend $100.
now if someone would just buy these that I have because I am not going to use them......
I will measure them as soon as I have time.
I dont know if I am going to charge for the print that I make.
im sure I could get into trouble with the people that make these if I did.
I guess tips will be accepted....hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:25 pm 
that's an easy one.....simply change one dimension just a little bit and whammo!!!!! it's a new design.....then by all means i'd pay you 10 bucks for your "paper costs".....see.....you are selling me some paper........not the design on the paper.........you are just selling really, really, nice paper......(wink)

:o)

let us know.......we are absolutely livid for this stuff......

thanks again.....

rich jerozal

ps....

you'll make waaaay more selling "paper" than those mounts cost you anyday......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:27 pm 
better yet......it's back to school time......sell us the plans as "book covers" for our kids text books......

man i'm good........