LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:41 pm 
Jedi Pimp Master

OK so first thing I did when I got my truck was go straight to the parts store for air filter, oil filter, points and condenser. Threw them under the seat as a precaution. Now before I continue, I work on my own stuff. I wrench on everything from my wife's 250hp Busa to building my V8 Jaguar. So, having said that, Saturday morning rolls around and the Wife say's" hey let's go get an oil change on the trucks" hey, she's payin so,,,,
She has a lifted Ridgeline with the largest tires that will fit and I'm Rollin the Luv lowered. I'm 50 look like a Biker shes 29 and looks like a Prom Queen. So we probably made a fairly odd couple to start. So things go great with the Ridgeline, but then the guys are looking under the Luv trying to figure if it will go over the rails around the pit. Next the kid gets in and creeps it into place all careful like, kills it opens the door and starts looking everywhere for the hood latch. After about 5 minutes the wife feels sorry for the kid and shows him the latch. He then promptly strolls around front and starts trying to lift the hood! After about 2 minutes the wife feels sorry for the kid and tips him off to check the BACK of the hood, more snickering on my part. After about another 10 minutes they still haven't figured out the filter size. So I go fish the filter out from under the seat and tell them here ya go, turns out the computer only lists filters back to 1990. This of course means they don't know how much oil to put in it! So I go over AGAIN to tell them how much and the kid is standing there turning the 710 cap, and turning, and turning and turning and turning,,,,,,,and well you get the
picture so I finally tell him it's a interference fit, just pull it straight up. .????? Pull it UP! So he gets it full and can't figure how to get it back in. At this point the entire Jickey Lube staff has been eye ballin my Luv like it's a Stripper giving free table dances. Top bottom sideways and from pervert row! Finally the one kid says "Mr this is the oldest truck we have ever had here" the wife and me had a laugh and paid and rolled. He'll I may just pay for an oil change next time I need a few good laughs!
SRAD
Hard to Luv

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:10 pm 
Addicted to LUV

:lol: That's a good story. Good idea too. Need a laugh, go get you LUV's oil changed.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:19 pm 
Feel the Steel

8O :lol:
I took my 94 SS S10 with me to work today and a kid on a bike said "Thats a really cool OLD truck!" 8O 8O
My brother is the parts manager at the Chevy dealer here and just hired a 28 year old girl as the service manager, she is pretty knowledgable. He brought her over to my house last weekend and she had to ask what the white truck was in my garage. She had never heard of a LUV. 8O 8O 8O But she did know it was a buick V6 in it though. :esurprised

ps. dont know if you noticed I changed your rank status. :ewink

RIP R.J.B.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:41 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Again our youth is too stupid to get a number off of the old filter and look in a BOOK for a interchange. The only reason the kids work a jiffy lube is because they were fired from O Wronglys

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:42 pm 
Jedi Pimp Master

Tilted

Thanks! That's pretty cool!
SRAD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:27 am 
Addicted to LUV

I LUV going into the national parts chains for generic parts for the small block in my LUV such as a spark plug. tell them the plug number, they insist on the year model and engine size. 'Ok, 78 Chevy LUV with a 427'... :lol:

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:57 am 
Jedi Pimp Master

Hahaha! Got that more than once with my first V8 Vega always good for a grin!
SRAD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:48 am 
Addicted to LUV

Yeah, got in an argument once with one of those tools that insisted on make, model, year of vehicle. All I wanted was a battery. I ended up getting a speech (as I was walking out without a battery) about how my truck is a rolling death trap because I installed a motor that was incorrect for my application.

I left him two 50ft black posi marks to show him how unsafe the vehicle was. It just got away from me, you know?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:05 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Luvrv8 wrote:
Again our youth is too stupid to get a number off of the old filter and look in a BOOK for a interchange. The only reason the kids work a jiffy lube is because they were fired from O Wronglys

I just had a fiasco with trying to find a wheel bering seal for a boat trailer I bought that didn't have a number or brand name on the seals. I got absolutely no help at Autozone and was told there is nothing I can do for you...when I asked the girl behind the counter for a micrometer she said ye we have one but that won't help me find one for you. I started asking her about her the dimensions and told her that information was available to her in her database but she told me, "we don't look up parts like that". I went to Oriely's and they didn't have it...but can get it. If it isn't a simple "type in a year, make and model" then we are almost screwed.

2005 Silverado 3/4T Crew Cab
1981 Luv 2WD
1979 Luv 4x4 Currently going through Open Heart and Cosmetic surgery
1995 Roughneck JetBoat
1981 Luv parts trk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:14 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Ben wrote:
Yeah, got in an argument once with one of those tools that insisted on make, model, year of vehicle. All I wanted was a battery. I ended up getting a speech (as I was walking out without a battery) about how my truck is a rolling death trap because I installed a motor that was incorrect for my application.

I left him two 50ft black posi marks to show him how unsafe the vehicle was. It just got away from me, you know?

:smt023

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:34 pm 
Jedi Pimp Master

Ben wrote:

Almost identical story:
When JC Penny's still had a automotive department I went in for a battery for my first V8 Vega. High compression 350 big cam you know the drill. So I asked for the top of the line 400cca (cold cranking amps) battery. Guy say "what this going in for the warranty info", so I told him '73 Vega GT. Come back a few minutes later to find a friggin lantern battery. Same deal guy say THIS IS WHAT YOUR CAR TAKES! I reply that won't even turn it over to annoyed to add things up. So in order to get the warranty I have to go home put the battery in then come back and have my charging system tested.
So I come back this friggin tool says "we have exhaust systems on sale for this car for $300" I laughed and told him it was new! So then he says"we have a tune up special this month and this car is $69.99" I replied that I had just tuned it up! At this point he gives me the look, you know the look"your a moron and I can't save you from your own stupidity". Now in his defense, the Vega was reasonably quite and with a huge cam it shook like a wet dog at idle, stock 13" GT steeley's, stock hood with a tiny hole for a 6" air cleaner. Well needless to say when I opened the hood the nearly fainted and all he could manage to blurt out was
"DID THAT COME IN THERE?" now it was me giving him the look.hahahahahah
People just don't quite have a clue sometimes

SRAD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:28 am 
Addicted to LUV

"DID THAT COME IN THERE?"

LOL!