LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:52 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

Hey guys,

I just got back from a 4x4 and dirt bike trip in Moab, Utah monday. I thought I'd post some pictures from the trip. I went with my little bro Nathan in the Mazda (sry, no luv right now... :cry: ) with a couple dirt bikes in the back and some camping gear.

This is a pic before we left at our house in Estes Park, CO. Its about a 7 hour drive out to Moab. Got my 2008 Yamaha TTR230 and my lil brothers 2003 Yamaha TTR125 in the back along with our camping gear.

We stopped at a few cool places on the way there. This was a strange room built into the side of a cliff. My lil bro was scared that spiders were in there, lol.

We also stopped at an abandoned gas station near Cisco, UT.

This is a pic of the first day out with my friend and his family. We had the only two dirt bikes there, lol.

We stopped at an Indian Bath off of the trail.

It was a fun climb up to it, especially on the rickety old ladder, lol.

We had a good ride, but we got lost for a little in the middle, :o. On the way back to the campground we stopped at Wilson Arch off of highway 191. Me with my truck.

The next day me and my bro took the truck out on the Gemini Bridges Trail. They had some pretty amazing views! Shot taken right off the side of the dirt road. Thats highway 191 down there.

Passed by Gooney Bird rock, then we unloaded the dirt bikes and took off on a side trail that was ridiculous! It was obviously made for custom rock crawlers. Sry, no pics of the 25 foot practically straight up slick-rock climb on the dirt bikes, didn't take my camera with me... Have a pic of Gooney Bird rock tho.

After a few hours of riding the dirt bikes, we loaded everything back up into the truck and continued down the trail. A pic from the trail.

We pulled off the trail after a while and hiked over to the Gemini Bridges arch. It was pretty cool looking, minus the 150 foot drop if you had a mis-step...

Nathan made me nervous as he peered over the side of the twin bridges... It's like a 50 foot drop through that crevice...

The next day we went up to the top of Long Canyon trail and came down from 313 back to Moab. It was about a 14 mile drive through the canyon. The trail started off wide and smooth, but it turned into tight winding canyons in no time. Watch your mirrors on this one.

As you keep going, there's a massive rock that has fallen from a half-arch thing that you have to pass under.

This is where I think the rock fell from.

Alright, BEST PICTURE OF THE TRIP. Made this one my wallpaper, lol.

Just past the fallen rock, the road opens up to an amazing view of the canyon below. In the middle ground is Arches National Park, and in the background is the La Sal mountains. Just beautiful.

From there on it follows the canyon all the way to 279, then back to Moab. It was a great trail to follow. Didn't get to use the dirt bikes all day tho... On the way back we saw some Indian art. Kinda looks like a child's doodles if you ask me... lol.

Overall it was a great trip. Had alot of fun, minus the crazy dust storm Saturday night that snapped our tent poles... We got a hotel Sunday night and we were fine. I'd recommend anyone in the west to go to Moab. TONS of fun things to do there. It's Northeast of Lake Powell; southern Utah. Pic from the drive back in the Eisenhower tunnel on I-70, supposedly the longest tunnel in the United States? Not sure...

Comments? Questions? Anyone been to Moab, UT? Pics? I'm hoping to be going on several more 4-wheeling trips this spring/summer. I didn't buy this truck for commuting!! (Thats what the Ninja's for, lol.)

2002 Mazda B4000 4x4
1978 Chevy LUV - Sold :(
1990 Kawasaki EX500
2008 Yamaha TTR230

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:21 am 
da LUV masta

RE: the Eisenhower tunnel...
A group of friends and I went skiing at Breckenridge back in January 1990. A massive Arctic front was pushing thru the plains and we decided to leave Breckenridge on Friday evening instead of Saturday morning to try to get back to Houston in case of road closures, etc. Just before entering the Eisenhower tunnel it was sunny and about 40 - 45 degrees outside. When we came out of the tunnel on the Denver side, it was dark clouds and snowing. There were digital bank signs in Denver that were reading -22 to -28 degrees! 8O

Beautiful pics Brian! Looks like you and your brother had a memorable time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:22 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

amazing pics...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:36 am 
Addicted to LUV

Great pics! Makes me want to go camping again.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:25 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

Thanks guys! Ya, we did have a great trip. Hopefully I'll have a better camera with me next time, although my cell phone's camera did pretty good! lol.

2002 Mazda B4000 4x4
1978 Chevy LUV - Sold :(
1990 Kawasaki EX500
2008 Yamaha TTR230

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:19 pm 
Addicted to LUV

8O dude! you came out here to utah and didn't call me? lol :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:37 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Moab has some of the best or worst 4x4 roads. A couple of clubs I belonged to went there every couple of years... Never made them, but some great pictures, yours too.