LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: your v8 builds ...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:51 pm 
da LUV masta

just curious what everyone has spent and what you used to get there. from mild to wild. just seeing what people have done. ive seen bone stock v8 swaps to full on drag cars.

when done mine will just be a stock 327 or 350, 700r4, s10 rear. msd ignition box. thats pretty much the jist

Post subject: Re: your v8 builds ...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:56 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Parts wise or money wise? And just on a LUV? Man, I hate to total it up, I already know where my fortune went, lol...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:27 pm 
da LUV masta

mytmouz wrote:
Parts wise or money wise? And just on a LUV? Man, I hate to total it up, I already know where my fortune went, lol...

sorry. yes ... Luv only. and i guess just a general parts list. not like a detail breakdown. and a rough estimated cost.

im not trying to figure out how much ill spend when said and done. just seeing what people have into their trucks. i just want a v8 luv. i dont want to race it. so my cost will be significantly lower than the racers build

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:32 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I do most of my own wor, so the funds outlay depends on your talent. I have built several in the $2500 range, fully streetable, way fast for no rollcage, with fresh builds on the engines. Depending on the cost of the truck at start, I could do that today, or maybe cheaper, just depends on what i find. As an example, I bought the engine in my daily driver blazer for $300 with extra parts, put another $200 in it to get it right. 1962 327, >030 over, TRW flattops, standard/.010 steel crank, doublr roller chain, 268 comp cams bumpstick, 441 heads with big valves, screw in studs, and an old Holley intake. Got the 600 Holley on it for $15 at the swap meet, all I did was adjust the idle. As I said, it depends on the skill level/luck you have...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:57 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I do not want to add all the $$$ up I put in my LUV.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:39 am 
Addicted to LUV

I had my last truck for 20 years (63 stepside) and if I learned anything over that time it was to start out with as close to what you want to begin with. If you want a V8 Luv then try and find one that the hard stuff has already been done. Let the first guy pay retail for everything possible. You wind up saving a ton in the long run and you can get nice parts at a fraction of what the seller paid for them.

There are V8 Luvs out there for $1500 or less, I have seen several in various stages of condition. I purchased mine in march and it is a driver now which took very little work overall to get there. I have even seen a tube chassis race Luv that was a steal without a motor.

If you already have your Luv your options are limited unless you sell it and hunt for the perfect project. Just my opinion though

Three Amigos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:12 am 
Addicted to LUV

Just informational ( since i don't actually own a Luv :cry: ) i just finished up an all forged , balanced 383 short block for $3200 .

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:13 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

too much so far since last time i gave an update on El Slow Poke. but i can state on what i have parts wise that im Jegs and Summit favorite customer :lol: also why ol jegster has a better running Pro Stock Chevy last few races. a ruff est so far with the help of some used or slightly used parts i scored off the net and new parts ive got from jegs and summit w/o the cost to get the truck so far about $3,000 and with the cost of the truck itself $4,000

1980 Ford Mustang LX Notchback
1980 Chevy El Camino Conquista