LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 9:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:54 pm 
This might be old news but check this 79' luv out and its price. 8O I don't know how much a luv goes for all costum and finished but, this seems a little high to me!!! Can you really sell a finished show luv for a price like this? If so I can't wait get mine done, just to see how much I could get for it. Although I would never sell it. :wink: http://www.thechevystore.com/specialty/02081o79a.shtml

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:09 am 
Addicted to LUV

8O 8O 8O 14 G's 8O 8O 8O
DAMN!!!!!!!!
nice truck, but not THAT nice :roll:

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:15 am 
Addicted to LUV

That's a pretty clean truck though. Not worth 14 I don't think, but pretty clean.

What's with the rims?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 5:49 am 
Thats what I thought. I'll tell ya if I could get numbers like that out of building custom luvs and selling them I'd quit my day job. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 7:13 am 
sweet truck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:22 am 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

:twisted: nice ride. i think he is trying to get back every penny he put into it. or maybe his wife is making him sell it so he put a high price so no one would buy it. that would be smart thinking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 5:06 pm 
Feel the Steel

Oh hell no!!! He will be extremly lucky if he gets half of that!!!! I bet racelife's theory is correct! I have around $15000 into mine and if I went to (which will never happen) sell it, I think I could only get $5000 if I was lucky! He may have done more motor work than me but I have done more all around than he has. If you look at the truck, it is basiclly stock expect for the drivetrain, paint and reuphoulstering the stock interior. Granted it is a nice looking LUV but I think the 1 needs to come off the price tag. Gotta find a buyer that has cash also as blue book value on a LUV is around $500 and no way a bank is going to loan $15000 for a $500 truck.

RIP R.J.B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 5:49 pm 
When I look at a truck that is supposed to be custom and when the price tag is $15000, I notice things that are out of place....you know, that look odd. Take a look at the interior picture ....the one that looks mainly at the dash. Notice anything wierd! There is no rubber boot on the brake pedal!

I guess if i had $15000 tied up in my truck I might have forgotten to put a brake pedal boot on too.

Giles5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 6:02 pm 
The truck actually looks like its on the showroom floor of a auto dealership. I can see were a dealership might think it worth this much, but no way a private person. Bryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 9:17 pm 
Hey I found another luv thats not as priced as high and looks much better!!!http://www.cars-on-line.com/82chev6160.html 8)

Post subject: Wow
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:59 pm 
wow yeah its a clean truck, but 15 is a chunk, the fact that its on a dealership showroom floor accounts for the high price though, they think they have a nice expensive hot rod, but really the every day person coming in is gonna maybe pay 15 for the corvette next too it....it takes a special person, and in my opinion one with better than average taste to pic the luv over the other rods on the floor..not typical though....nice truck overall though