LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 8:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: OK i'm stuped
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 6:38 am 
Hey every body, i feel really stuped for asking this but I need to know :roll: when I bought my luv the guy I bought it from did not know much about them and could not tell much about the truck. Now on this site I remember seeing some thing about a package that some luvs came with, it started with a ( m ) but I through away my glove box door so I can't remember the name. :oops: Dose anyone know what i'm talking about and if so what was it and if your truck had it what extras did the truck have??? any help would be great thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 8:59 am 
Mikado? Bryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:07 am 
Addicted to LUV

that would be the Mikado.
check the info section on the main page. and look at the sales broucher
it was the "luxury" edition. which ment it had carpet lol :roll:

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:44 pm 
hey thanks for the info I guess I dont have anything to worry about saving anything sence most of it was all torn out when I got the truck. :evil:

Post subject: mikado
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 7:24 pm 
well ya , but there is other stuff in the package than just carpet, they have the immitation leather-3 prong steel steering wheel along with a immitaion leather gear shift knob a dual tone horn, the decals on the box and glove box, carpet, door operated dome light, ashtray lamp, fabric bench seat and fabric door panels, automatic locking retractable seat belts, :roll: - its not much but having this package sure is xtra ordinary from the bone stock- i got the mikado pkg on mine from factory and ive only seen 2 others with it on them in junkyards - 8O dont throw that stuff away man- those parts are valuble to people like me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 7:59 pm 
Addicted to LUV

oh dont get me wrong they are pretty rare
i was just saying that they didnt have a differnt eng or anything
and THROW AWAY A LUV PART?!?!? NEVER!!!!!!!!! lol
put it on e-bay first, if it dont sell, keep it anyway.
WARNING: this is likey to anger your spouse. who dosent understand LUV :roll:

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:15 am 
OG Lifer

my luv is a mikado with all the goodies you guys mentioned plus a/c. when the a/c is on though, the poor little truck has a hard time getting out of its own way let alone getting into traffic :D but thats part of the fun right? :silly:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 5:43 am 
I would never throw a part away I though I could use or someone else, but when I said that most of it was all torn out, I sould of said almost all of it!!! :evil: All I have left is the glove box door the shifter that had ben smashed and the 3 prong steering wheel. Get this the dash, door panals, and roof had purple long shag carpet 8O :cry: They cut a hole in the roof for a moon roof and kept if from leaking with some sort of cocking that they got all over every thing, and the nice bench seat that I would luv to have was replaced with some gray bucket seats (to match the purple I guess :roll: :?: ) that no one could fit in to a drive the thing because the seats were to big for there legs to fit. :evil: so theres really nothing left to save. I wish I Knew about this site awhile ago I would have luved to take some pics of the carpet :)

Post subject: yeah
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 8:24 pm 
thats about the same thing with mine- when we got it the roof had a hole for a sunroof in it which leaked like hell and they "fixed" the leak with duct tape, so we patched it with a grand am hood and it matched beautiful - no one except me, my dad and a few choice others like urselves now know about it, it had buckets and a redone custom interior which was somewhat nice and is still in it because it is in nice shape and i dont want to take the time to redo the whole thing,except for the buckets which were crap and was replaced LUCKILY by the beautiful bench seat we found in the yard out of what else but one of the 2 mikado trucks and oh just for ur info guys mikado means emporer in japanese- i dont know why they put a word that has something to do with japanese royalty on a truck that they were sending to america, but hey whats done is done and shit happens :roll: :P , anyway - ttyl