LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Rough Luv
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 8:02 pm 
Ok folks. For those of you who noticed I responded to the EBAY luv truck (which I am the new owner), here are a few pics. I had to build a yahoo profile to put them on line. Those of you who are experts on this truck, please give me some ideas of dash work, fiberglass fenders/bumper/hood, etc. After running the truck at Lone Star Raceway (1/8 mile) it ran a 10 plus time. My son thinks it slow. I gave him three reasons why it ran those times. 1st, I have not been on the track in 20 years, 2nd: what I thought was first gear was actually 2nd gear causing a early shift and lowering the RPM's too quick. So basically, I was not used to the track or the truck. I am sure with practice time, it'll break 8's in the 1/8 mile. Anyone know what that would calculate in the quarter? I dunno. Any way the pics of this rough luv are located at .... http://profiles.yahoo.com/hotrodfarmer ... . Feel free to leave me some ideas, parts info and such as I am using the excuse to my son: " what do you expect for a $1000 bucks?" Yes, it does have a full size bed and a K10 rear end under neath. That's what you call... "Run what ya brung"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:34 pm 
10.0 in the 1/8 is about 14.5 1/4 and 8.0 is about 12.5 1/4
i have a 383sbc with 3.89 gear and go 8.18et 83 mph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 6:48 am 
hey four link. Is your 8 second time in the quarter or 1/8 ? Would you have any pics you could post or send me? The photo section on this site gives me a few great ideas but more couldn't hurt either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 8:16 pm 
its 1/8 mile time we dont have a very good 1/4 mile track-
CaliforniaSpeedway has a track but it is not very good -no grip and palmdale is 125mi and 2700ft ele.
i dont have a lot of pics the ones in the picture forum are the best i have
i do have others if you want ican send them to you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 8:22 pm 

Multiply your 1/8 mile time by 1.56. This is the correct way to convert your times. It is very close.