LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Pics of V8 swap
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 7:59 am 
Well we finally got the motor in this past weekend... It looks great in there and bolted up to the 700R4 with no problems. we had to Fab the tranny mount but it works perfectly. The 700 is 3" longer overall and 2" longer at the mount so it was really not a problem. Here is a couple of pics. check out the Karmann Ghia if you would like to see my project from 2 years ago.
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/jeep_84_2000 ... ph&.view=t

I haven't gotten the headers in there yet because i'm not really sure which way to go from here. I'm looking at a coilover front end and using Camaro headers, or leaving the torsion bars and going with the Hookers or some other shorty style, If anyone has suggestions on this let me know. Im still looking for some headers so if you have some for sale email me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 1:27 pm 
Addicted to LUV

thanks for sharing the pix!
looks like it is coming along quite well.

I have heard that if you go with the coilovers and get rid of the torsion bars that you can use shorties or camaro headers.
not 100% sure on that though.

Post subject: pics and headers
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 6:20 pm 
Right on! Try Sanderson Headers out of San Francisco for shorties. Their catalogue gives all necessary dimensions to determine what set to use.I'm happy with mine.Good luck, Bryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 9:34 pm 
looks sweeeeeet!!!

Post subject: RADIATOR USED?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 10:03 pm 
1FASTSSMONTE

JUST WHAT RADIATOR IS THAT IN YOUR RIDE????!!!!!
IT LOOKS VERY NICE TURNED ON ITS SIDE LIKE THAT WITH THE FILL IN THE TOP RADIATOR HOSE.

DID YOU JUST LEAVE THE ORIGINAL CAP ON THE SIDE OR HAVE THE RADIATOR SHOP CAP IT OFF?

MVGILES@HOTMAIL.COM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 8:41 am 
Yep, your right. It's a 4 core version of a Vega radiator. we turned it sideways and sealed off the filler. then we had to add some tube to the lower hose connection. it's like 24" tall by 14" at the core wide. Im not sure on the running temp. the factory dash gauge says between cool and middle, and the triple gauges say about 180. either way is good I guess.

Post subject: More to come
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 8:44 am 
Well we finally got the radiator bracket finished, we used Chromed Aluminum. Looks great! Image
Im going to put the MSD ignition in this weekend, I wanted to get it running before doing that. It runs great and very Fast!!! I'm going to post all the motor specs sometime this weekend too. I'll try to keep you guys updated on all the progress. Oh, I found a set of 84 camaro SMOG legal headers that will fit so they go this weekend too. I had the Muffler shop build some head pipes for the manifolds around the torsion bars and they will bolt up to these headers. I'll snap a pic of that too. go check out the pics from above to see more of whats taken place the past couple weeks.