LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 8:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:04 am 
well the truck looks like crap........i was so happy to see a luv getting some "luv" but not the way that they did it. scoops and "flames" gotta go. i would sell all of the audio equip. and get a 350 or something to put in it. they also should have lowered it or put a valence on it to hide the undercarriage......i hate that about mine....... :cry: but the kid has a nicer truck than mine so i guess i cant really talk....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:12 pm 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

800xl wrote:
Look carefully and you'll probably find an extension cord coming out of it. ;)

Speakin of that, i just saw PMR and they re-did this Acura lengend, well when they were done w/ it i could've sworn in the profile shot of the thing there was a yellow extension cord under the rear of the car!

but seriously, i think they could've done a better job w/ the luv, at least rebuild some of the motor or wut-not, and the hood scoops are just gonna drag down the truck, unless they cut out the area the scoops were on, and the flames... my lord, they luv was only spossed to go about 80-85 MPH... it aint no rice burner...(even if it is a jap. engine...) but yeah some of the stuff they put in it was a nice touch, like the inerds of the bed.... (oohhhh.... aahhhhh)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:18 pm 
LUVTruck.com's Cornholio

That scoop thing is bufugly. :x Besides that i like the color. I think the truck looks like a ricer too much.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:42 pm 
Hey everyone, I found the site. Passed through a few times, finally decided to join. Strange to see a discussion board on my truck. My truck is badass. I'd love to hear more likes and dislikes! The engine was rebuilt just before the show, and ran strong. A 350 will be nice. I'm looking to upgrade sometime, so if anyone has some pointers I'd love to hear them. Thanks! :D -Neil

Last edited by skaterinsocal on Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:13 am 
da LUV masta

Hey Neil,
Thanks for finally dropping in on us here, and welcome aboard!!
Have you done anything else to the truck since the show?

Steve

"Love endures all things, Love never fails." - 1 Cor. 13:7,8.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:14 am 
Addicted to LUV

Quote:
Hey everyone, I found the site. Passed through a few times, finally decided to join. Strange to see a discussion board on my truck. My truck is badass. I'd love to hear more likes and dislikes! The engine was rebuilt just before the show, and ran strong. A 350 will be nice. I'm looking to upgrade sometime, so if anyone has some pointers I'd love to hear them. Thanks! -Neil

8O right on man :)
how's it running?? did they do anything to the engine?
i ran across a forum one time with the guy that got his 240 on pmr. he said he had to go through alot of shit. how bad was the truck before pmr got ahold of it. the guy said they made his car look worse than it was for the show :x
would you go into detail with your experience with pmr? :D
welcome man, any questions you have,shoot em. you can do alot to the 1.8 to beef it up :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:35 pm 
Luvtruck.com Wookie

welcome to the site.....

so you want more balls under your hood heh? i've done alot to my stock engine latley as well as shoehorning a five spd transmission in to the chassis.

there's a lot of things you can do to get more ommph.....such as the weber carb and the headers w/ exaust.

if you want to go further than that...well get ready to spend some money...i'm $1750.00 into the engine already and there's a couple more things i'd like to get finished. it all depends on how you want it to feel.

the v8 guys around here swear by there motors but the rest of us can't afford the gas. there's also a few guys that put the old v6's from the late 70's gm vehicles in there rides. in the end i'm going that route too but i'm currently trying to see what i can get from the 4 cyl.

if you need any tuning or mod advice, i'm always happy to answer questions. as well as taking pictures when it just can't be explained.

so pull up a bucket, serve yourself your appropriate poison and enjoy the fack that you have a one of a kind, soon to be classic ride........ :smt006

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:33 am 
Addicted to LUV

Hey Neil, welcome to the site. You say you wanna beef up the luv, then insert small block A into luvtruck B :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: Stick around, I know you will enjoy it here!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:25 am 
Addicted to LUV

Hey we have a celebrity on the site!
woohoo!

good luck with the motor swap. You know where to ask for advice!

I second the request for info about the show. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:24 am 

Hey Neil, welcome to the site. Good luck with the LUV. It would be cool to hear some info on the show. I am sure many of us are dying to know some of the details !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:40 pm 

Thanks for comming, as you've seen there are quite a few of us here and your truck is the discussion here, so what's the magic behind the show eh?
how long did it take to PIMP the luv? Can you ask them to take off certain things? What do you dilike and like about the truck before and after? (used that camper in the back yet? *wink*)

personally about your truck you should get those scoops on your truck alittle functional, like get a weber put spacers between it and the manifold to fit in the scoop and put the filter element in there to make ram-air (tada!!!)

Post subject: New Pic
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:13 pm 
New pic - Neil