LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:01 am 

Putting a SBC 350 into an '80!
Have the transmission (T350) and a rear end out of an Isuzu Trooper (with discs)
The block is at the machine shop getting a mild build.
I'm following the "Beer budget" build with some tweaks and this youtube rebuild for the engine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7mvgf6_p1g&t=461s
So, my question:
1. Some of the beer budget prices are way off - Hooker hearders are at least double the price - any "updates" to speak of that are more budget conscious? Or is that just inflation/difficulty to find etc.

2. The block is pre-vortec heads, but i pulled a couple of vortec heads of a denali at a pick 'n' pull on a half price day ($60 total). Any suggestions for a good intake manifold for vortec and a carb? I'm planning to run a Holley 600cfm double pumper (i know it's small, but it's that of a 750cfm double and that's too big).

3. Has anyone run a B&M QuickSilver Shifter? Is it tall enough? My truck was a stick, but i'm switching it (sad to lose the stick, but i can't find a transmission that doesn't break the budget or need a huge rebuild.
Thanks for your advice!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:38 pm 
Addicted to LUV

zelelelachlan wrote:
Putting a SBC 350 into an '80!
Have the transmission (T350) and a rear end out of an Isuzu Trooper (with discs)
The block is at the machine shop getting a mild build.
I'm following the "Beer budget" build with some tweaks and this youtube rebuild for the engine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7mvgf6_p1g&t=461s
So, my question:
1. Some of the beer budget prices are way off - Hooker hearders are at least double the price - any "updates" to speak of that are more budget conscious? Or is that just inflation/difficulty to find etc.
just an old thread id assume it all costs more by now. Check with powerbyace they probably have headers and mounts for you
2. The block is pre-vortec heads, but i pulled a couple of vortec heads of a denali at a pick 'n' pull on a half price day ($60 total). Any suggestions for a good intake manifold for vortec and a carb? I'm planning to run a Holley 600cfm double pumper (i know it's small, but it's that of a 750cfm double and that's too big).
i did the sane with the 4.3 block and vortec heads, edelbrock makes manifolds specifically for putting those heads on earlier blocks
3. Has anyone run a B&M QuickSilver Shifter? Is it tall enough? My truck was a stick, but i'm switching it (sad to lose the stick, but i can't find a transmission that doesn't break the budget or need a huge rebuild.
Thanks for your advice!

1993 Lexus SC400 my Daily
2004 Yamaha WR250F my new love in life
2016 Toyota Camry my girls ride

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:24 pm 

Thanks love4theluv,

I have seen the edelbrock, but it looks like they have two extra bolt holes in the middle... Is that not true... I don't have any holes on the block.
https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Edelbroc ... 09462.html
Am I just being weird?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:51 pm 
Addicted to LUV

zelelelachlan wrote:
Thanks love4theluv,

I have seen the edelbrock, but it looks like they have two extra bolt holes in the middle... Is that not true... I don't have any holes on the block.
https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Edelbroc ... 09462.html
Am I just being weird?

Those look unrelated to mounting the manifold and dont appear to go through. Maybe theyre a mount point for some type of linkage or similar? My v6 manifold didnt have the extra mount holes so i cant help much

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:31 pm 
Addicted to LUV

They make Vortec specific manifolds. I am running 2 now (on different vehicles). I have a quicksilver shifter in my street LUV..

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:41 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Looks like this is what you want. Cheaper too
https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Edelbroc ... 51604.html