LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:04 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Very little in the way of filler needed. I got a spot on each side of the cab where I replaced the rockers, that is about it on the cab...

In primer finally...

And Christmas cometh early...

Bottom box is the Aluminum fuel cell, next one is the 9.5 lock up converter for the 4L80e, the next one is the battery box, and the envelope is the braided front brake lines...

When Fed Ex finally shows up, the controller for the 4L80 will be here...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:51 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Got the engine bay trimmed out in some expensive azz paint I ordered before pricing... Looks pretty sweet. No paint pics until the big unveil, lol...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:54 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Next on the list. I plan on bolting the trans up to the engine and setting it in place and fabbing the trans cross member. Then I plan on dropping the cab back in place..

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:37 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

Wow your kicking some tail. I got a little sidelined on my build as I had knee replacement last month. I am slowly getting back up to speed and will get mine back on track.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:13 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

That chrome grill looked really good. Where did you get it? Lol
Mike.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:50 pm 
Addicted to LUV

The engine is in! LOL...

Installed the convertor and bolted the engine up and stuck it in, then set the rear angle for the tailshaft and fabbed up a bolt in crossmemeber...

Supposed to have some help soon to set the cab back over it all, then I can starton the fuel sytem and wiring...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:51 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Got everything I planned to accomplish this week plus bonus work...

The cab is back in place, but not yet bolted down. Ended up having to remove the steering column and the alternator/bracket to get it to go in, but not too bad...

I fabbed up some brackets and installed the fuel cell and the battery box. Tight fit..

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:08 am 
Addicted to LUV

It really goes together fast when you plan ahead doesn't it. You are making it look easy. 8)

Three Amigos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:39 am 
Addicted to LUV

I'm glad it's getting the love that it deserves. This is exactly what I wanted to do with it when I had it, but I never had the time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:51 am 
Addicted to LUV

Thanks guys! I got a little time to get back to it. I have the doors and fenders hung and aligned, and I got the hood on, still have to fit it though... Too bad I have to take it back apart, looks more like a truck now, lol...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:12 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Looking good. Glad to see a project get finished and not in the classifieds for parts.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:44 am 
Addicted to LUV

Super nice build . I have been working on other projects lately and have figured out that building Luvs is alot more fun . These truck are made to be modified .

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:13 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I remember back in the day UP 22 had a rep for poor fitment. I guess they have the same molds still...

Below is a pic of the hood to cowl fitment where the scoop is. The gap really is that big, and that is from the seat area out, the center of the hood is that high above the cowl...

This is the corner on the driver side next to the cowl, it fits pretty well that way except for the corner itself, no biggie there...

And the fender to hood gap on the driver side. It is the same on the passenger side. I got the gap even, but it is pretty wide, I had to slot the fender bolt holes and move it in to get it that close. I probably will end up having to add to both sides, as I don't like it. I put the stock hood on to be sure it was the hood and not something else, it fit OK...

I had to trim a little of the bottom front lip so the hood would clear the hinges when it was open, and drill a place for the hood rod to go. It doesn't slide like stock, no biggie on either... And I had to slot the passenger side hinge to get the hood to meet the front fender edge, after making a shim out of a broken stock hinge to move it out some. I got parts from several vehicles, so that could not be an issue with the hood, but the bolt holes on that side look to be further towards the engine than the other side to me...

All in all, about what I expected...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:17 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I finally moved on from the hood for the day, decided to accomplish something, lol...

I got all of the cab and front body parts aligned and hammer and dollied and got a skim coat on all the places that needed it. I shaved the fender emblems and I also shaved the antenna as well.

Favorite thing I did was install the overseas turn signals, minimal mods needed. I dig...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:54 pm 
Addicted to LUV

After working on the POS hood, I got it fairly close. I am in the middle of grafting the hood tie bar and surrounding sheet metal from a rusted out stock hood to this one. Then I will reinforce the fiberglass where the hood shells meet. I will toss up some pics once I get the tie bar set like I want and the hood latch set so you can see what I mean about the reinforcement work...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:37 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Installed most of the fuel system today and ran the aluminum line to the front. All is tied in except for one fitting that has yet to arrive. Also ran the battery cable at the same time to the front...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:33 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Forgot to mention I had reworked the fuel cell mounting. After looking at it, I cut it loose and moved it back approximately 6 inches. I decided I needed more room between the tank and the rear end. I had it where it is in the pic I posted previously to keep the weight centered over the rear better, but this ain't a drag truck, so I moved it...

I also redid the trans cross member I used the material I had on hand, and it was just too light. I could see it bowing just sitting there, so I ordered a piece of channel that was double the thickness. It is all good now...

I spent this evening working on the front suspension. I replaced a tie rod, a ball joint, and some end link bushings. I also installed the 5 lug rotors (thanks hotrod80!) and prepped the calipers and brackets for paint, as well as the master cylinder...

Also finished up the fuel system, the fitting I mentioned earlier came in, but was not what I had ordered. I juggled a few things and got it to fit though...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:53 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Got the brakes assembled on both sides, ended up having to mod on the caliper brackets some to clear the screw in wheel studs on the rotors. Other than that no biggie. Also installed the braided hose on the one side and ran the hardline on that side and mounted the master cylinder. The braided line is thinner where the banjo bolt goes through so the original wouldn't work. I found one that looked like it would work and tried it. It did, so I picked up another for later...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:19 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I have the brake system completed for the front, line ran to the rear, just awaiting the 8.8 install, and hopefully I have the pedal ratio correct, lol... I have the battery cables installed and the starter on/wired (bigger job than it sounds, tight biotch)...
Also have gotten around half of the 2 million or so little things done...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:10 am 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

I'm looking at the picture of your front brakes trying to figure out exactly how you did the 5 lug conversion? Something just looks different than the other ones I have seen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next