LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:52 pm 

Ok everyone I decided to make a new thread for my luv truck since new plans have popped up.

First off I will say sorry for the lack of pics at the moment but photobucket is doing some maintenance stuff so I will post them later.

Details and Plans

1976 Chevy Luv which I paid $300 for it. It has been sitting since 2006. It sat in this ladies yard that entire time sort of covered by a tarp that was pretty shot from the weather so it was not covering much. That being said all I did to it when I went and got it was cleaned out the carb, drained the fuel tank, put some good gas in, and put a battery in it. Well aside from cleaning up some fuse box connections. oh yeah and I had to jerry rig the ignition switch due to lost keys. I cranked it over for less 10 seconds and bam she fired up and ran great..... well great for sitting so long haha. I drove it from its former resting place to my house with no issues at all.

The condition of the truck is fair the bed is not really any good but the truck does not have much rust. The panel right behind the pass door has a dent. The dash has no pad but thats typical. paint is still there just not glossy haha

Ok now for the plans

I purchased a VG30DETT with 5spd trans from a Nissan 300ZX. The engine is a Twin Turbo V6 3.0L. So obviously that is what I plan on swapping into my truck.

I also plan on still doing an independent rear end setup which will also come from a 300zx(these transmissions and rear ends can handle over 800hp).

I sadly have to wait a little while longer to start this process for two reasons. First reason I am waiting on a new engine hoist from snap-on and second I am also building a engine for my civic and I will be picking up my block and internals from the machine shop shortly and I have to use my truck as my daily while my civic is down.

So far all I have really done to my luv is worked on the dent on the cab, took the bench out and put two racing buckets in, put in integra over shoulder seat belts, installed two door triggers and fixed some wires while installing a new oem ignition switch in.

Oh yeah I changed the rims/tires and lowered it also.

will post pics as soon as I can get them on photobucket any comments are welcome. oh yeah I will be selling the engine trans a rear end from the truck once pulled and I also have 5 stock luv rims that need to go also.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:47 am 

These are from the day I got her.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:52 am 

These are now

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:54 am 

here are some of the engine and one of why I named my new dog Nizmo

so the reasoning behind my dogs name is we had just gotten him the day before we drove to get the engine and after getting it he wouldnt stop crawling up on the engine and falling asleep on it lol

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:19 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

Cool that thing is going to be a beast.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:45 am 
Addicted to LUV

that should be a lot of fun to drive
probably gonna be a huge pain to clear the steering shaft, may need to put a couple u joints in it to move it out of the way

1993 Lexus SC400 my Daily
2004 Yamaha WR250F my new love in life
2016 Toyota Camry my girls ride

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:26 pm 

love4theluv wrote:
that should be a lot of fun to drive
probably gonna be a huge pain to clear the steering shaft, may need to put a couple u joints in it to move it out of the way

I was thinking about that I think I am gonna have to design something completely different specially since I was planning on building a custom front disc brake setup possibly also with 300zx parts but not sure all I know is I will want to keep it the same 5 lug