LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:45 pm 

That is the most amazing, clean, bring a tear to the eye, engine 8O Wish I had the facilities to do this kind of work, I'm stuck out in the side yard dealing with dirt and weather Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:53 pm 

Thanks! I know where you are coming from! I spent several years having to work outside! Hopefully you can get you a place soon! It does help!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:12 pm 

Okay guys! I'd say she is done! She starts, idles, warms up, and runs fine! A few more small cosmetic things I want to finish up but that's about it. I'm sure I'll have to do a little idle tuning when it gets really cold again later this year and next but it is very close. I now have to build storage for all my garden tractors so the LUV can go in the garage! That's the next big project...

As an update about the hose routing and if heat would build inside before the thermostat opened; in the configuration I have, it does start heating inside before the thermostat opens...very much before! Watching the temp gauge on the tuning software I can start to feel heat as soon as the guage starts showing it warming up.

I have always loved this truck! My dad bought it and drove it for several years. I bought it from him and drove it a few years. I sold it back to him and he drove it more. We then took it down and completely rebuilt it. He never got to drive it much after that! I spent about 2 years working on it with him. It is better now than it has ever been! Hopefully soon I'll get to take him for a ride in it! He has been showing some signs of improvement after about 18 months of an undetected infection that was finally found and treated. The doctor says by the end of the year he may be walking short distances again. I told him he has to get good enough to get in the LUV and go for a ride...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:02 pm 
Addicted to LUV

This is pretty much the best build I've seen here to date. There have been plenty of nice V8 race trucks for sure, but this is just so nice and clean, plus perfect for a daily driver. Two thumbs up.

79 4x4 LUV project: 2.6L, 5spd, 31s (eventually)

MEPR: Man, my 4x4 makes all other LUVs look good :lol: