LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:08 pm 
Addicted to LUV

TILTED wrote:
So do you get stuck with the balance? My problem is I have an interest only loan with a 2nd, and no equity in the house.

I had a first and second to originally buy the place (by the same lender), when I refinanced, the second was supposed to be 'forgiven". They sold it to a subsidiary who sat on it. When I did the short sale, I was supposed to get some moving money and such (gov't mandates as part of the foreclosure deals). The first lien holder accepted the offer by the seller (2nd offer, first was too low, supposedly they won't go below 80 percent of the loan debt, regardless of the home value.) The 2nd ended up settling for that amount I was supposed to get, (I knew absolutely nothing about the second until trying to do the closing, as it was 'forgiven' part of the foreclosure mess that the govenrment set up. I got no cash, but I owe no one anything. I made it clear that I would recieve a piece of paper from each party stating I owed nothing for me to close the deal. At that point I was more than ready to walk away and let them fight it out, but foreclosing would make it be seveal more months if I did not sign and they stood to lose money (first lien holder) and second would not get anything (since the home would be sold at auction, 2nd would only be able to give a negative credit rating, nothing to collect against) in my state anyway, I did LOT's of research, lol... They moaned, I stood my ground, they caved, and I start over...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:42 pm 
Feel the Steel

:smt023 Thanks for the help guys, guess I will call a realtor next week. I figured I have paid already about half of the purchase price in mortgage payments, none of it went to the principal of course and so far and am losing about another 30K I put into it before I left Denver (which the renter has pretty much trashed), but I just want to walk away and not have it hanging over my head anymore.
LOL page 2 already and I havent done anything to my truck yet. :lol:

RIP R.J.B.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:56 pm 
Feel the Steel

Well it finally got above 20 degrees on one of my days off so I got a little done, and have a lot of fab work ahead of me.
Ground the paint off around the tonneau snap holes (bed is standing on its front)
Welded them up
Ground them flush

So enough with the easy stuff, next tackled getting off the rusted fender support

Gonna be fun :esurprised rebuilding this

Hopefully none of you guys will have this problem, my cowl had some leaves stuck in it (have to be very old) and looks like some made it to the front of the brace, there is no place for the water to escape so it just became a rust fest, I am going to put a drain hole in the bottom of it to help prevent it from doing it again. Washing it a lot back in the day for car shows didnt help the cause either, I will be filling the antena hole this round so that will help too.
Going to take the brace to work tomorrow and bead blast it to see how much will have to be replaced on it. (and also find out how bad I am going to get hosed on my house tomorrow also) :evil:

RIP R.J.B.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:01 pm 
Feel the Steel

Small update, started patching the LUV back on my one free day a week, temperature permitting.
Fender filler and support repair piece #1 cut and bent.
Ready to tack in, have it pretty much finished at this time, then going to bend up a piece to replace the front rusted part.
Fender filler tacked in
Then I had to go and find my dream brothers project he has been looking for quite a while
Hauled it home 2 weeks ago and we have been slowing working on it too, he just got some new tires and stock rallies to get rid of the 31" tires that were on it, we are lowering it 4" inches sometime this week.
And FINALLY got my other toy, to help with the projects and storage.
Got to this point today and had to call it quits
Had to move all the parts back into the other garage to build the lift, my luv is under there somewhere! :D
My brother's truck will probably be slowed to a crawl now since he found out Friday that his Chevy dealership was bought by a big Chevy chain dealer and they are closing it :evil: Really sucks because it is going to really hurt this town, it had been here since 1929 and he had been there 23 years. But he has had quite a few job offers already (Ford even said they want him).

RIP R.J.B.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:00 pm 
Feel the Steel

Minor non related update.
My truck has been put on the back burner again, thanks to weather, OSHA inspections, job postition change, house in Denver repairs, and family surgeries. Said in the last post my brothers truck was put on hold but he is the only one getting anything done. 8O Dropped it 4" inches and he has done a ton of minor fixes.

RIP R.J.B.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:05 pm 
Feel the Steel

Wow, can't believe it has been over a year since I have been able to touch the truck or post any progress. Just started piddling on it again as life is still being a bitch, waiting to hear from the doc when I can get in for minor surgery on my knee that has been a problem since last summer :evil: and spending most of my spare time taking care of my father and his property.
Had put the LUV on the back burner and start on the 39 and got about this far before I was no longer able to work on it due to weather and my knee. Rebuilt the whole brake system and havent been able to test it yet. Replaced every piece of rubber in the wheel and master cylinders, honed them and made a couple of new lines that my grandpa has replaced with copper lines. 8O

So the LUV has been sitting here for a while
Had a little time lately so I decieded to start getting some more body work done
Chemical stripping the 2nd fender
First fender stripped

2 side notes, thanks to Colorado passing the Pot laws, houses for sale are very sparce now and my house is now finally worth more than I owe! :smt026 Not even on the market and have had about 6 calls from realtors in Denver with buyers wanting to look at my house through lists of rental properties and Zillow, guess most houses are on the market for 2 days in the Denver area. So my renter is either going to buy it or I am going to make him get out. Was preparing to file bankrupcty and now I might be able to make 10 to 20 thousand!
and the progress on my bros truck.
All new bed, doors and fenders, rattle canned the hood and cab to match the new body panels till it is ready for real paint.

He just sold his house because of his crackhead and pyromaniac neighbours and is buying a place about 5 miles out of town and building a 30x60 shop!!

RIP R.J.B.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:54 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Glad things are looking up! And I covet thy Fender..

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:13 pm 
Addicted to LUV

LOL

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:43 pm 
Feel the Steel

Spent an hour on the passenger fender Monday, got all set to do it Sunday but found out I was out of CO2/argon. :evil:
Wish I could get more consistant with my welds.

RIP R.J.B.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:19 pm 
Addicted to LUV

You are doing better than me...

Flux core?

Three Amigos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:44 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

Would you plz tell me what you used to strip your fenders?? The ones i have, have some of that bedliner spray on them and i am haven a hell of a time stripping them. Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:50 pm 
Feel the Steel

LUVTRKR wrote:
Flux core?

Yep

juans74luvn wrote:
Would you plz tell me what you used to strip your fenders?? The ones i have, have some of that bedliner spray on them and i am haven a hell of a time stripping them. Thank you.

Aircraft remover, a paint stripping wheel (have to be carefull not to take off metal) and my DA sander. I doubt aircraft remover would touch bedliner, I have heard the only way to get it off is to grind it and that will be tough to keep the metal smooth, I shudder every time I read somone wants to bedline the outside of their vehicle. 8O

RIP R.J.B.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:00 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

TILTED wrote:
LUVTRKR wrote:
Flux core?

Yep

juans74luvn wrote:

Aircraft remover, a paint stripping wheel (have to be carefull not to take off metal) and my DA sander. I doubt aircraft remover would touch bedliner, I have heard the only way to get it off is to grind it and that will be tough to keep the metal smooth, I shudder every time I read somone wants to bedline the outside of their vehicle. 8O

Aircraft remover, DA sander, and the stripping wheel. Got it. What type of store would have aircraft remover?? I went to the Napa auto store and they didnt carry it I doubt it that autozone would have it. I had use regular paint stripper but all that Did was make that stuff like glue. And i know i get the chills every time i see a bedline paint job.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:31 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

I have heard that the removal process is very time consuming and involves a propane torch and putty knife.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:51 pm 
Feel the Steel

juans74luvn wrote:

I doubt it that autozone would have it.

:lol: Well, I just got some more at "Autozone". :lol: Havent tried it yet, I had a quart I think I bought at walmart about 10 years ago made by Klean Strip which I just used up
Had my mom look for it in Montana this weekend (cant find anythingin Wyoming :evil: )
and she came home with this made by rustoelum,
it is clear and the Klean Strip is yellow, hopefully it works the same.

RIP R.J.B.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:21 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Home Depot has it too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:12 pm 
Feel the Steel

Good to know! Sure beats sanding it all off.

RIP R.J.B.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:23 pm 
Addicted to LUV

The Klean Strip is the stuff I use at the body shop and the airport. It usually takes a couple times to get the paint off. It will sting your hands but as soon as you put water on it it stops. Along with the Klean Strip paint remover there is a neutralizer you can use after the stripping, I have used it and also used water to clean it up, both work well.

http://www.wmbarr.com/product.aspx?catid=72&prodid=120

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:29 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

Hey thanks guys, ill go to the store today and pick up a few cans. You guys were awesome help 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:50 am 
Addicted to LUV

I got some at WalMart forever ago too. Don't think they carry it anymore.