LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Beast Of Chit Luv
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:10 am 

Iv been on this forum for a couple years now and never made a thread on my build. I thought it was time since im redoing my Luv over the winter so here I go. Quick background i traded a $200 79 4x4 Luv for a 76 2wd luv to swap a V8 into. I accomplished it in 6 months it aint nothing nice, its rustic but its mine and its (was) a sleeper like i wanted & not a S10. Image 79 4x4 i traded & got back one year later for dirt cheap. Image 76 2wd as im tearing down for the swap i kept the 4x4 bed in trade, the other was smashed in bad & kid didnt care he wanted 4x4 so bad. Image Putting my daughter to work only one there to help pump it up while i swing the tranny out. Image Power by ace mounts in place got the headers to match also. Its rusty i know imma keep that way kinda rat rod style. Image Skip a few things dont wanna get too picture happy (yet). This is the start of my tear down and rebuild, I cracked my bellhousing, got exhaust issues and wanna redo wiring and add heat gets chilly here in KC and my daughter loves going everywhere in this thing. WETNECK

Post subject: Re: Beast Of Chit Luv
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:12 am 

Damn pics are big got to figure out how to make them smaller next time.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:40 am 

Let me try this picture thing again trying to make em smaller. Image
Me cutting out fender wells stays hot under hood and like that there's more room.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:50 am 

One more time. Image This is how far i am on the truck so far its been in garage for one week got fender wells cut and exhaust cut also stripped out bench and carpet. Going over to my dads where it sits tomorrow to get fluids drained and may pull motor & tranny. may have more pics up tomorrow i take alot of pics, sorry if i bore ya with em.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:17 am 
Addicted to LUV

Cool build , keep us updated

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:57 pm 

Well been sick all weekend but today i had enough in me to go over & do work on the beast. Here's me & my lil helper pulling the motor. Image
This is why i had to redo my truck, drove 30 miles with a loud knock come to find out this was the knock. Image
I've got a non lockout th350 to rebuild with B&M kit, the one i had in it was a th350 lockout POS IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:21 pm 

hotrod80 wrote:
Cool build , keep us updated

Thanks "hotrod80", ill keep yall updated as i go. I got a ? for yall would a wire harness like this work. http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedway- ... layId=2352

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:04 pm 

Image Got a lil work done on the beast, pulled this out from under dash on the passenger side, believe its to the ac. Anyone know if i need this to run a lil heat?
Image Got my headers pulled out finally kinda PITA thinking about getn coilovers to get rid of torsion bars but dont know yet they get a bit pricey.

Image Doin work cutting a few things off firewall and filling in a few holes that i left open the first time i did this truck, its time to do it right this time or atleast better than last.

Image Kinda picture happy again but Here is a pic of my daily. 89 blazer 2.8 5 speed 3/3 drop plan on doin the bodywork and bag the front after the Luvs done and winter is over. More progress to come im just getn started. WETNECK

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:22 pm 

Well got over to my dads to work on the truck a little today, got the fuel cell unbolted, drained, and old fuel lines taken out. I also sprayed every bolt on the front end with pb blaster and some degreaser to let sit & soak all week.

Yall think the small fuse box with the small fuse style would work its small and can fit it anywhere, and cheap is why i might go with this one. http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Economy-1 ... ,2352.html

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:12 am 
Addicted to LUV

It should work, depends on your mad wiring skills...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:33 pm 

Got a little work done on the truck today its cold in the garage so i didnt get a whole lot done. Got the bed unbolted & taken off now its time for some wire wheeling/grinding then it will be paint time. Image
Wetneck

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:49 pm 

Started with a wire wheel on my old black & decker 15 minutes later i was going to harbor freight for a few flap disc to put on my angle grinder.Image Lil bit later got some done and than thought damn what did i get myself into. Image Im taking off what i can & taking it to a friend who has a blaster.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:52 pm 

Well had the day off today so i went and got some work done on the truck. Did some more sanding on rear got bored so i bounced into interior. Got the wire harness all labeled & pulled out, got most the dash apart.
Before Image
After Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:38 pm 

Playin around and i pushed a bottle cap over my lock cylinder & now its stuck, i have no key & never lock it anyway so imma doit to pass side till they fall off. Image
also made some fillers for the vents under wiper cowl no defrost in the truck so no need for these. Image
Its cold in this truck some nights so these fillers ought to help with that Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:14 pm 

Well i Got over to work on the truck today it was cold out in garage so i took my gauge cluster inside to do a lil something to it or at least try. Here is my cardboard template of what i came up with, tomorrow im gonna go over & make it out of a sheet of aluminum hopefully.
I also got my stickers from LUVTRKR over the week so i placed this one here & remove a sticker on backglass for my Luvtruck.com sticker. Thank LUVTRKR

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:16 am 

Hey can someone here help me out, im trying to order drop blocks for the rear & i was wondering if S10/S10blazer blocks will work summit dont carry em for a luv & dont wanna waist my time n money? One more thing ive been on the hunt for one factory Luv steelie like the one on the front of my blue truck in pics, i have 3 and would love to have one more to have all matching rims. Im willing to pay the shipping for just one. Thanks guys

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:11 pm 

most lowering/lift blocks are universal, so yes some off a s10 will work for ya

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:48 am 

Thanks 11sec78. Well got my wire harness & a few other lil nic nac goodies, yanked out rear end to clean up what i can & install lowering blocks. Notched out some more room on coresupport to remount my radiator & fan. Gettin some sheetmetal to have my friend help weld since i aint got one yet, going to be fixing rust on floorboards & notching firewall. More updates to come

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:21 pm 

Hey. I am new on here and while looking thru you post, I saw your Chevy LUV decals. Where can I get some of those?? Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:54 pm 

333Luv- I got the decals off of a member on here.
Lost my job & have extra time till i start workin again so ive been crackin down on this truck. Got the rear half all cleaned and painted Lowering blocks installed & put it back onto the ground, Got the motor on the stand for paint & new gaskets. Also ran some copper under dash & made new holes to mount the heater hoses on passenger side, still need to wrap it so it aint sweating too bad.
Here's my harness Image
Heater lines hope they dont leak Image
Scored me a bigger fuel cell free from a friend not using it Image
Pic of my rear with blocks/paintImage
Made my core support removable. Image
Here's a pic of my first car its a 88 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham owned it for 8 years now, i just finished a 350 swap pboc 307 was junk & started to knock Image
Wetneck