LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Beast Of Chit Luv
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:08 pm 

Well after i made that post my daughter asked why the pics of her helping weren't up its our project truck dad she says, she is Five and always wanting to get dirty an help, she knows more about a Luv than most the guys at oreilly so here they are.

How she looks after i sanded all day i wear a black one so she had to get a pink one Lol
Her helping me reinstal rear end Image
Us after we finished the rear end up Image
Wetneck

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:59 pm 

Been doin work on this thing im hoping to have it back together by next week.
Got some new shocks put on, also ran all new brake lines without a tube bender my friend and i bent all by hand it aint the best but it will work just fine. Image
Shorty race mufflers im runnin this time around Image
Put on some new yeller lamps up front ran new fuel line along frame also ran some tranny lines while motors out this aint the best but it is by far better than the first time around. I know the rear looks better than the front but i didnt wanna take cab off ill do that over next winter. Image
Had a couple of my bigger friends over drinkin my beer so i had em set the bed on for me less work for me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:26 am 

what motor mounts are those?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:38 pm 

boot98 wrote:
what motor mounts are those?

Bought all the mounts & the headers at powerbyace.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:23 pm 

Well been working on the truck lately, I got the motor & tranny mounted back in now im putting it all back together.

Starter clearance with the headers this time around i bought a mini starter & some heat wrap.

My rats nest of wires, it aint too bad just wiring the dash is a PITA.

I got some new shoes for the truck this week traded some things to a friend for the rims & traded a intake & carb for tires on craigslist, im taking them to get mounted tomorrow.

Put one rim on tonight just to take a look.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:30 am 

Well I got another project not for myself but for my mother, this lil car she said she had wanted since she was learning to drive just never got one. So she was in need of a car & i found this for $650 i never said anything about what i was doing till i already talked to the guy & came up with a price. This is a 1970 Beetle my plans are to weld in new floor pans, new engine gasket set, cap,rotor,points,plugs,oil yada yada basically get her runnin good. Ill be hunting down another engine to rebuild while she drives this for the year or till this engine craps whatever comes first. She wants to get it painted something bright an cute next year or so, but we will see how it goes.

Ive like these cars awhile now myself love the low patina look with the roof rack some have & the bagged ones, after getn this one i want one for myself now

Wetneck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:15 pm 

Slowly but surely ill get this wiring done. So far i ran all wires out the firewall got driver side done & most the passenger side.

Well Ive put my mad wiring skills to the fullest on this wiring job, (which is my fisrt time ever doing this much to a truck by myself) and i had to have a good friend of mine come in & help me out with the dash i figured out my ignition & a lil more but it was getn to be too much. Im buttoning up the last of it this weekend i hope.

He also talked me out of geting rid of this thing for a bagged truck while he was over, im just getn bored with this truck, i know once i get to driving it again ill want to keep it but we will see.

Never posted pics of wheels on the truck i like em i might get a 3 inch block & take out the 2 inch, cause with a bigger rim i can lower torsion bars a lil more.
Im gonna pull her out the garage & put fenders on & maybe hood tomorrow supposed to be nice.

Wetneck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:36 pm 

Well I sold the Luv shell to a friend & found a new project something that ive wanted so i made some trades with a couple friends drove out to ST.Louis to pick her up well here she is....

Its a 1976 Luv bagged to lay frame its a project but with all the other Luv stuff ive aquired i got plenty of stuff to put it back together. Came with a box with alot of parts & havent went through it all yet.