LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:33 am 
Addicted to LUV

Started the motor swap . Kinda had to talk myself into the swap as this motor has been a good one for 4 years 2010 was the date i stamped on the block . I plan to change the pistons and valve springs and just generally freshen up this motor and it will probably end up in the 49' . Tore down the old motor for removal .
Got it pulled out and ready for the new one .
New one going in ,
In its new home .

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:49 am 
da LUV masta

HotRod80, it's really bad for a motor like that to sit up for too long. I would be happy to install it in my truck to keep it in good shape for you. You know, drive it like a little old lady. Yeah that's the ticket:-)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:01 am 
Addicted to LUV

I was just looking at the last time slips and as per wallace racing calculator it made 499 hp on its last pass . It is still a good motor .

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:52 am 
da LUV masta

I'm sure it is still a good motor. Sounds like you are going to tone it down a bit for the 49. That should be a really nice ride.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:03 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Man you have that motor swap down don't you? Just another day in the garage. 8)

Three Amigos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:53 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Not too bad of a swap . Both front tubes on the headers have to be modified due to the angle of the plugs though .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:52 pm 
Addicted to LUV

A few more . Need to modify the headers and the crossmember . The cross member is a pretty standard deal and the front tubes interfere with the 2nd cylinder spark plugs . Getting close to making heat though .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:56 am 
da LUV masta

Man you are gettin er done. Looks really good. Looking forward to see it go down the track,

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:15 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

Better hurry next race is this weekend. :esurprised

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:28 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Got the header tubes modified and everything in place . It actually fired up pretty easily . Should have it on the chassis dyno this saturday if possible . Think im shy of 5.80 . Should be a 6.0 ish deal . Thinking 6.20's in the heat . We will see. Im on the 5th heat cycle and the dyno should seat the rings . No real racing til May 3 rd IHRA @ sealy . Then 2 weekends in a row NHRA . It will be broke in by than . I am having a meeting with the machinist due to ring gap . May freshen the old motor pretty quickly and have to swap back . Top ring gap i was told was .024 . That is not enough for what im doing . I need to be near .030-.032 . Even after a half season of wear your only looking at .003-.004 and thats like .028 max . Definatly a difference in the camshafts . No mistaking the big solid roller .

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:39 am 
da LUV masta

I know a guy who has been building small and big blocks for forty years. He doesn't get much press, but all the racers know him. Only problem is he's close to Beltway 8 and Post Oak Road. You thinking of adding some juice, or a little forced air? I'm sending you a p.m.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:03 am 
Addicted to LUV

Luvstruck wrote:
I know a guy who has been building small and big blocks for forty years. He doesn't get much press, but all the racers know him. Only problem is he's close to Beltway 8 and Post Oak Road. You thinking of adding some juice, or a little forced air? I'm sending you a p.m.

This motor has a fogger with 300 and a plate with 200 .

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:31 am 
da LUV masta

I like it. If you get in to the 5:80, 5:90 category, that's high 8's low 9's. You are already below 9.5's which could be considered low 9's. That getting it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:55 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

I gapped my top ring @ .029 and 2nd ring @.027 per JE (JE premium race series rings) but I am only going to a 400 shot. Anything over that gap I dont want all the blowby without a vacuum pump.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:23 pm 
Addicted to LUV

luvit80 wrote:
I gapped my top ring @ .029 and 2nd ring @.027 per JE (JE premium race series rings) but I am only going to a 400 shot. Anything over that gap I dont want all the blowby without a vacuum pump.

I found this out today he was shooting for .027 after some break in time . I think it will be alright . I also have the JE race series .

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:36 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

Post up your dyno results if you go sat.. I have a pretty close combo going together. Hoping to be around 480hp or so to the rear wheels...what did the AFRs flow after porting? 2.08 or 2.10 intake?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:10 am 
Addicted to LUV

I didnt get it finished in time to run last weekend . The driverside header had to be modified 3 different times to get it to fit correctly . and clear both #1 & #3 spark plug . The modded crossmember is in and the motor is started . I have the torsion bars back in place and all that is left is to set the preload and put it on the ground . Plans are to test tonight on street car night . Next weekend are the Nationals here in Baytown , so next weekend is out and the weekend of the third i have an IHRA race in Sealy . I need to test tonight or i will be testing in time trials . Here is a pretty crappy cell phone video of it running . I'll try to get pictures of the modded headers and crossmember up soon along with test results from tonight . Hoping for some 6.0's , but thinking 6.20-.30

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:09 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Crossmember and header mods.

6.50'S @106

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:07 pm 
da LUV masta

Nice work. Shows what you can do with a shoehorn and a set of torches.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:07 am 
Addicted to LUV

I got the carb back from Dan Divinci last night . Brand new billet base plate built from scratch . Truck sounds really happey . Idle quality is a ton better and throttle response is back .I will be running IHRA in Sealy this weekend and i really feel good about it . Still chasing a few little bugs here and their . Anyway heres the carb .
I also let my Trail mini set up to long without draining the tank or adding stablizer so the tank got corroded and it has started plugging fuel filters . I was just changing filter then the petcock started leaking . While im waiting on the new tank and petcock for the old bike I ended up on craigslist and found a 2000 XR50R and decided I needed it .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 23  Next