LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:13 am 
Addicted to LUV

Kickass. Congrats!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:27 am 
da LUV masta

Outstanding Hot Rod 80. After watching both trucks go together, I really would like to come out and watch you race. What does your racing schedule look like?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:12 am 
Addicted to LUV

Awesome, the hard work pays off. 8)

Three Amigos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:50 pm 
Addicted to LUV

With all of those stickers I didn't see a LUVTruck.com on it. :D

Nice job on the win.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:47 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Sweet! Congrats on the win.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:42 am 
Addicted to LUV

Div.4 4 NHRA bracket finals in Ennis , Texas starting thursday . Im leaving at noon thursdayand T & T starts at 6pm . We are loading up and going to Gas Monkey bar and grill Thursday night , just to check it out . I also got a new Go pro hero 3 . If i can figure out how to run it i will try to edit it and post a youtube link . Oh and Karl , just for you .

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:42 am 
Addicted to LUV

Same thing with my wife, if I cry long enough I get what I want.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:31 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Guys , i haven't updated for a while so i figured i better . I ended up having alot of trouble . Carb issues mainly due to fantastic air . We average around 2000-2800 DA here of the water . We started up their with like -900 DA . I had huge lean spots on transision and the truck just wouldnt leave . I mean not move . I was also footbraking the truck . This was different for me because my home track has basically a box and no box classes . The no box class allows me to leave on a 2 step and a transbrake . Anyway , the reaction times were like ,108-.160 for test and tune and i went out first round in the gamblers race before i got enough fuel in it to make it work . I just said fuck it and went up 4 jets front and rear and set the idle screws were my eyes watered and went for it . First round of the real deal and i dialed a 7.03 . Staged the truck perfect and man did it leave . I was watching the yellows as i was going by and surprised to see the green . Other guy was dial 6.33 so i had a good head start . I watched him leave in the mirror and he just wasn't getting there . At 400' i was off the throttle coasting down through the traps when he came past me . I was .024 r/t he was .118 . I broke out with a 6.88 ! If i would have know this before i would have just drivin it out for the time slip . 1.501 60' and was on the best pass ever on motor . Anyway i was out and it was beer time .

Yesterday i forced a very good friend and long time buddy of mine to take my truck to sealy and run 7.0 index . Rodger has a truck ( the white S-10 i built ) and runs 7.90's . This was a new experience for him and a big move up . He did ok , but got rattled a bit due to the pro tree and transbrake .

Starting tuesday the motor will be coming out as all the new parts are in . Plans are to hone the block , new pistons and rings , rod and main bearings all new seals , a cam swap ( same specs except 108 CL ) , 220 AFR heads , single plain intake with fogger and 250 jets , different powerglide with a pro brake , and a "mini tub" to the frame rails for the bed sides . If i can pull it off im gonna try and replace the rust spots in the rockers and repaint the entire truck . We will see if i have time .

Plans for next year include a full season of NHRA bracket racing along with as much as i can stand IHRA bracket racing . Hopefully the changes that i make will get the truck into the 10.80's so i can run some Super Street (10.90) divisional stuff also .

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:31 pm 
Addicted to LUV

That truck is fast. I have really been thinking about building another LUV for bracket racing. My friends ask what will I do to make it hook up? I told them I need to call Hotrod80, they look at me like I have 6 eyes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:35 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Awesome, Take lots of pics when you do the mini-tub. Ever since I saw Karl's Luv I have wanted to do a backhalf on mine. You drag guys have messed up my whole plans for a simple home depot truck. 8)

Three Amigos

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:44 pm 
Addicted to LUV

LUVTRKR wrote:
Awesome, Take lots of pics when you do the mini-tub. Ever since I saw Karl's Luv I have wanted to do a backhalf on mine. You drag guys have messed up my whole plans for a simple home depot truck. 8)

My Bad. And for the record my truck is a street truck lol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:03 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Luvrv8 wrote:
LUVTRKR wrote:

My Bad. And for the record my truck is a street truck lol

It does have a license plate so technically it is a street truck, that sets off car alarms and makes kids cry. lol

Three Amigos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:13 am 
Addicted to LUV

Man , guys it's bracket racing . You can run anything . I am searching for another Luv / S10 for a street ride build now . I have just never been able to not race something . In all reality a back half big tire deal is best , i just didnt want to cut this truck up as i may cut the cage out later in life and put a tame motor back in it . Tire is key on a bad track with a nose heavy truck .

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:07 pm 
da LUV masta

Hotrod 80, you are doing it, and getting it done. More power to you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:36 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Running this one saturday 3 hour drive , but i need a fix . Hi my name is Hotrod 80 and im addicted to drag racing .
http://www.sanantonioraceway.com/index_ ... /11831.png

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:01 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Good luck!

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:12 pm 
da LUV masta

Hey Hotrod 80, thanks for letting us know you'd be racing this weekend. Looks like you're going to have almost perfect weather for it. It should be interesting to see how the lower humidity and higher elevation will effect your times. I would be there, except I HAVE to pay back property taxes. Good luck, and am looking forward to coming out to Royal Purple some time in the not too distant future.

I think Wicked Mayhem is getting close to being able to get his truck out there.

My 5.3 is still at the machine shop, but I hope to be driving it by summer.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:37 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I think the kick off for Baytown is Feb 15/16 . New motor is surposted to dyno arounf the 10 th of January . Oh , and i still have all the fuel in it from the divisionals . I will compare the air in San Antonio to the air in Ennis and go from there . The home town guys will have an advantage , but im still going . I have never raced there and a buddy of mine Rodger that bought the 99 S-10 from me ( also my sponsor that has the glass company ) is meeting me there also .

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:17 am 
da LUV masta

Thanks again for letting us in on what's going on with you. It sounds like a lot of fun, and again I wish I could be there to watch, and take a few pictures. Have a safe trip, and good luck knocking off some of San Antonio's local yokels.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:16 pm 
Addicted to LUV

action shot from San Antonio raceway . Had a good time . Went out 3rd round with a .006 breakout . Had him on the tree by .005

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 23  Next