LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:17 am 
Addicted to LUV

Very impressive to build it, drive it and then take the trophy home. Wow 8)

Three Amigos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:27 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Just like my sprint car days. I build the cars, maintained them by myself, driver shows up and drives, we win a main and 10 people show up in the winner's circle. No one shows up Monday to help clean and prep the car for the next race.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:14 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I am connected with this truck . I can put the same set upo in it and watch people flop . Carl or Terry could get it done , but this truck still takes mojo . Thanks guys . My 3 touch downs in a high school foot ball game , so to speak .

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:38 am 
da LUV masta

You knocked it out of the park with this one. Your blue one wasn't too shabby either.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:53 am 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

Congrats! not everyone has one of those on the mantle. You bracket race and use nitrous? Is that only if you get tree'd and need to "catch up" or do you use it every pass? I know a guy that does use it every pass bracket racing...but he also owns a nitrous product business.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:37 am 
Addicted to LUV

I use it to make up tire spin or dial past hard and spray at the end .

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:55 pm 
Addicted to LUV

a guy did something like that where I used to race, but he had a electric throttle stop on it so he would not break out....controlled spray and fuel. Worked very good. Bracket racing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:01 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Ended up 11th in points . Not to bad for being 43rd in march . Bracket finals coming up next .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:15 am 
da LUV masta

Way to move up. Saw your truck on Racing Vids the other day.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:25 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Luvrv8 wrote:
Just like my sprint car days. I build the cars, maintained them by myself, driver shows up and drives, we win a main and 10 people show up in the winner's circle. No one shows up Monday to help clean and prep the car for the next race.

Haha, sounds familiar

I used to do 1/4 scale rc speedway. Then my boy begs me to get one for him so he can race too,,, I build the car, set it up to be an off it's head little machine, he turns up for his heat, wins, disappears, dad cleans the car, gets any quibbles sorted for the next heat, boy comes back for his next heat gets another podium placement and disappears again, so on & so on,,, way after midnight we head home, he crashes out, doesn't want to help clean or prep the car for next meeting, then has a sook when I tell him I'm not cleaning, prepping both mine and his car if I'm not getting any help from him? But he's just a kid.
Mates that race full size speedway, drags, street circuit etc all tell me the same thing happens, there's one or a small handful of regular people that put in the long hours and hard work, then a whole bus load of "Team" mates want to get on the podium :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:35 am 
Addicted to LUV

Went to Pine Valley raceay last weekend . I was .005,.007,.005 and first round it rolled in 2 " i was .-031 red . Bought back and set up .020 in the long throw i was .031 and didnt drive the strip and broke out . Truck has been spot on most of the time , but would rol in nw an then and b .050 late every once and a while . Pulled he trans out hda ook atit . .035 loose in the reverse clutch pack Missing one o rig on the inpt shaft and part of the other . Reverse pack apply springs were mixand match . Dump chamber passage got messaged to get the fluid out faster. Total reseal inside . clutch pcks looked great . I have nevr had his trans apart , i just bought it and threw it in . Pics .

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:35 am 
Addicted to LUV

Well the girls were in town and im a pian for them when shopping . "You might as well go racing" . Loaded up and went to the nitro jam deal in San Antonio . Had a good weekend . Ended up breaking out in the final friday night by .004 . The sun went down and the track was less than stellar . Truck started to drift to the right and by the time i noticed i was out of the groove and headed to the centerline . As soon as the driverside tire got out of the left groove it made a pretty hard left , i drove it out and never lifted and it landed right back in the groove and took a set back . I thought " no way i can break out now" well i was .004 under .

Saturday was kind of a different day . Alot more cars and more of a show . Track was better Got dowen to 8 cars and had the truck in a position to be .00? on the tree . Their wasw a young guy on a street bike that was killing the tree . during the draw i was in the last 3 cars and got a challenger , but the rush was on and left the set on kill set up in it . Should have just taken some out . I was .002 red and dead on 8 with a 6.90 dial to a 6.908 . I was my own worst enemy and it was my race to win .

I ended up getting into the money both days and had a great time . Came close to free racing . Not bad for the first time out on 29.5 trues and a newly adjusted chassis .

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:15 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Adding a picture cause updates without pics suck .

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:18 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Congrats! 8)

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:42 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Thanks , had a good time . Again . The truck is famous . I just own it . This IHRA show really made me feel like a huge part of the show . maybe 4 kids i put in the driver seat for pictures and 20 - 25 people came to the pits at the end of the round cheering for me . Really had a good time . IRHA - THE PEOPLES DRAG RACING .

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:47 pm 
da LUV masta

Way to go. Sounds like it was a great weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:29 am 
Addicted to LUV

Random shots from last weekend :

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:14 am 
da LUV masta

Looking good Roland. Looks like you got some bigger tires since I last saw the truck. Where's the video?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:53 am 
Addicted to LUV

Last 7.0 index race i ran my reaction time was like .048 to my opponents .190 on a .400 pro tree . The dew had fallen on the track and as soon as it came down from the wheelie it spun . I can buy these 29.5 " slicks from grudge races and true ten five guys for like $60 a pair with 20 or so passes on them . I figured i would give them a try over the 28" slicks i had been using . They seem to work good . Truck slowed down in the 60' , but picked up 3 mph and the et is the same . I also have more tire on the ground . Im sticking with them for now . I just moved the rear fenders up under the bed rails . I think it still looks ok .

I am also working on editing some in car stuff and trying to figure out loading it all up . Hoping to have a pretty nice in car set coming up .

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:47 pm 
da LUV masta

Truck looks good. I think you are going to like those tires when the conditions are better. I'm kinda surprised we are still racing in December. It's not California, but South Texas has decent weather most of the year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next