LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:48 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

Well legs are up and running again lol. Back to work I go on the truck. All body work is done primed and ready for paint thank to my friends. will get new pic out tomorrow for all you guys. The down time did give me a chance to rebuild the wire harness all new now all the lights are led and headlights are HID's very bright. received the spintech mufflers and my buddy welded it all up sound super nasty. The new rims came in now looking for the right tires that will work for it 19x10 in the rear 17x7.5 in front. got the coilovers done QA1 coilovers all new brakes front converted to disc dual piston slotted and drilled rotors. 9in rear has new 31 spline and have 3 diff rear end setups 5:56 4:11 and 3:30. Next is setting up rear suspension. Thinking 4 link with dual adj coilovers. Now i should be able to go nasty strip or high speed open road in 30 min lol. Decided on paint all white with a deep blue running down the side on the body line same as our highway patrol cars have if you want to see the color look at AZ DPS cars online. The stars on the doors will have the logo for the fallen and injured officers foundation on them. Got the 150 watt siren installed WOW loud. Now working on the led lightbar up top. Looking at over 14 strobe lights and 6 red led and 6 blue led lights and that doesn't include the lightbat will be super bright. Nice thing all led so have a total of 25 amps with all lights on including the head and tail lights got to love high bright low amp leds. Still looking at diff types on seats to run has to be able to have 5 link belts run thru them. Then having the bottom of cab floor renforced for the seats so I can snap gas open or slam brakes hard and dont have to worry about ripping thr floor board up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:02 pm 

sounds mean, sorry to hear about your legs.

you'll have to get some more pics up soon.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:54 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

ok update truck in paint pics to come new motor finally done qa1 front coilover and rear qa1 here is pic of new motor.

Attachments:
383.jpg
383.jpg [ 309.34 KiB | Viewed 7048 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:45 am 

I can't wait to see how good your truck looks all painted up . When are you expecting to have it back ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:12 pm 
Addicted to LUV

i cant wait to see everything finished and see how it does once it is put thru its paces a bit 8)
great project.. as much as many of us hate seeing police around sometimes, they are there for a good reason.. mostly :lol:

1993 Lexus SC400 my Daily
2004 Yamaha WR250F my new love in life
2016 Toyota Camry my girls ride

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:19 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

well small setback painter didn't clear his air-lines of water now he is having to sand down and redo the truck out of his pocket. had water spots all down driver side. so hope for friday with pics of painted truck then coil over conversion starts with a step by step pics for you all.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:23 pm 

Wow sorry to hear that. That sucks so bad Willis .what mufflers do you have on the luv?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:22 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

I have single stage flowmaster muffler these things are extreamly loud they say not highway legal lol. they are as loud as a harley with custom pipes full out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:12 pm 

Have you made passes with out them to see if they slow you down

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:40 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

No havent made passes on them yet waiting for truck to get back from paint then doing coilover conversion then dropping new motor in. just trying to figure if I want to run the 350 turbo or powerglide. the old motor was very tired and still 1st gear was worthless just sat and spun all day long. That was with 10in slicks on it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:30 pm 

did you ever get it back from paint ? I keep looking for pictures and havent seen any yet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:00 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

no damm painter holding wanting more money than we agreed on only half painted.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:09 am 
Addicted to LUV

willis3821 wrote:
no damm painter holding wanting more money than we agreed on only half painted.

people these days :roll: that seems to be happening to a lot of people lately whats up with that? if someone isnt going to follow their own quote why even give one?

1993 Lexus SC400 my Daily
2004 Yamaha WR250F my new love in life
2016 Toyota Camry my girls ride

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:17 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

well got fram painted and block hugger headers in today. been working like hell to get this thing done had freak snow storm last weekend. hope it warms up now lol.

Attachments:
painted rear.jpg
painted rear.jpg [ 308.6 KiB | Viewed 6875 times ]
headers.jpg
headers.jpg [ 243.19 KiB | Viewed 6875 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:50 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

Well painter finally replaced all the paint he messed up on so whole truck has been sanded back down going to paint it myself found a paint booth for 100 a day. doing that after next week still have to take truck back to flagstaff for final fit on dash want to make sure fits good and dont scratch new paint daytona metalic blue.