LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 558 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:23 pm 
Addicted to LUV

well everything went smoothly other than napa giving me the wrong brake pads.
truck is back on the road and doesnt scare/shake the hell out of me at any speed over 60 anymore :lol:

will be looking for wheels/tires soon.. putting in a new stereo system on sunday from outrageous audio 8)
cant wait to have music while i drive again!!
will find a way to get pics of the stereo install as well as the other things i have done recently this weekend.

the truck is finally getting to the point that i am able to start buying the non necessary things like a stereo, sub and amp. and things for the interior so thankfully it is finally out of the fixer stage and is now a reliable driver... just needs some interior work, tires, a little cleaning and a coat of paint to be right where i wanna be with it.
cant wait for the summer hoping that WA LUV meet we keep talking about doesnt fall though! i dont see many luvs on the road.

1993 Lexus SC400 my Daily
2004 Yamaha WR250F my new love in life
2016 Toyota Camry my girls ride

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:07 am 
Addicted to LUV

:ebiggrin :ebiggrin :ebiggrin
finally got a new stereo!!! after six months of driving with no tunes i bought a system from a buddy at work :D new deck, VR3 1000W amp, 1000W JBL 10", and a set of kenwood 6.5's for the doors 8) sounds much better now

next on the list... wheels and tires.
soon to be interior remodel.

i am goign to add a spare battery to the bed... trying to decide where. front corner? anyone have a second battery mounted somewhere in the bed? i want to put them both back there and out of the way.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:48 pm 
Addicted to LUV

alright time for an update
coil fried on me the other day... so i ordered a new MSD 45,000 coil, some NGK platinum plugs and a new master cylinder..
will be picking it all up on wednesday morning

ALSO
picking up a nice set of 15"x8" chromed wheels with 4"b/s
and am ordering a set of 235/75R15 (28.9x9.3R15) to help with the freeway speeds since my daily commute is about 3 blocks then freeway all the way to work... :roll: on 25" tires 65 = scary...

paint coming soon :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:47 am 
Addicted to LUV

eventful weekend!
yanked the bed off cleaned the frame and underside up, replaced the fuel pump (again), threw on my new MSD blaster coil, ngk platinum plugs & solid core coil wire.
pounded out the dent in the back corner and put the bed back on

putting on my new master cylinder tomorrow.

wired my stereo back up :twisted:
moms pissed... neighbors are pissed.... i've never been happier with it :lol:
cant wait to build my new box and throw the other sub of the pair in :lol: :lol:

new tires coming in a couple weekends. going with some 235/75r15's on some 15x8 aluminum wheels (still shopping craigslist for those)

[also picked up a 91 240sx project. :lol: me and a buddy are gonna flip it real quick. got an engine/trans to swap in along with some other ish. should be done in 2 months and be sold off]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:31 am 

I really could use some help. I just recived a Luv just like this this thing is ate up with rust. Where in the world can I find body parts for this??? My dad bought this truck new and I learned to drive in it so scraping it is not a opp. It needs a floor on the driver side and almost every panel on the truck. any ideas I would be very thankful if you guys could point me in the right direction. Thank you for your time.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:27 am 
Addicted to LUV

fastgeaarhead wrote:
I really could use some help. I just recived a Luv just like this this thing is ate up with rust. Where in the world can I find body parts for this??? My dad bought this truck new and I learned to drive in it so scraping it is not a opp. It needs a floor on the driver side and almost every panel on the truck. any ideas I would be very thankful if you guys could point me in the right direction. Thank you for your time.

if i knew where u were from it would help...
nut if your in the portland area check out pick-n-pull www.picknpull.com there are 4 in the area. always at least 1 luv

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:29 am 
Addicted to LUV

Sounds like a neat truck that has come along way . Post up a current pic if you get a chance .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:24 pm 
Addicted to LUV

thank ya..
well the engine stopped loving me 0.o lowww compression on all 4 from 62-90psi.. time to get the spare head rebuilt and put on. :x

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:34 pm 
Addicted to LUV

yet another update..
picked up a nice garrett T3/T4 turbo (external wastegate), HKS SSQV bov, intake piping, and an infiniti J30 MAf sensor for this lil LUV project :twisted:
for $260!! the turbo needs bearings but thats under another $100

still hunting for a FMIC i can fit behind my bumper behind some expanded steel sections
and an external wastegate..

i have a buddy thats going to weld up a manifold for me out of steel pipe (90's and some straight for an equal length tubular header) about $150 worth of tubing including the wastegate location.

should have some pics to post on monday

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:16 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

Sounds like it's coming together nicely. Good luck with the turbo, I thought about doing that to mine once but never got around to it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:56 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Rasonjason92 wrote:
Sounds like it's coming together nicely. Good luck with the turbo, I thought about doing that to mine once but never got around to it.

maybe if i can do it without blowing it up others will also :lol:
hoping to have the big components assembled within 2 months or so depending on how things go by winter at the latest.

still have a small list of to do's
tires... needed badly..
swapping to my spare head today to see if it helps the problem.
still need to do the interior.
fix some forming rust spots and paint it before it gets rust holes
and of course the 5 speed swap when i swap over the turbo head later on

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:49 pm 
Addicted to LUV

alrighty update time
well my points got FRIED so i finally said screw it and ordered myself a remanned 85 isuzu p'up electronic distributor :ebiggrin $112 shipped from rockauto with new cap and rotor also

also decided to grab a new voltage regulator after i had to solder a new wire into mine, new plug & coil wires, front brake pads and a full head gasket kit
will post up some pics today or tomorrow after i get some parts swapped over
will finally be able to run that new MSD coil with the new distributor.
grand total for todays parts needs... $260 not too bad but still painful.

should have the truck rollin down the road in a couple days after the distributor gets here. :D
getting my spare head rebuilt next week so will be going strong soon... slowly building up for that turbo swap.

wish me luck lol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:31 pm 
Addicted to LUV

WHOOO running again!
decided to blow some money, got a remanufactured 85 pup electronic distributor... somplest wiring ever black wire to (-) on coil black/red wire to (+) ($85 from rock auto $113 including shipping with bosch cap & rotor from 2 locations)

also got new plug wires, voltage regulator, coil, and front brake pads while i was emptying my wallet
truck runs really smooth now :)
looking into picking up the turbo manifolds from an 85 impulse to throw on my spare head once i get it rebuilt and throw some bigger valves in it

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:44 pm 
Addicted to LUV

turbo manifolds and turbo should be here in a week or so and i will get a few pics of them as they fit on a g180 head.
looking into a few local machine shops to get my spare block honed and get the head worked on.
still have a list of stuff i need for the turbo swap
*Megasquirt II programmable ECU with a harness
*Sensors (wideband o2, Intake Air Temp, Water Temp, etc)
*misc vacuum line, oil and water feed and return for turbo,
*gauges
*4ze1 valves
*dyno tuning runs
misc odds and ends
should be ready to run before Christmas :p

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:48 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

That will be pretty cool when its done! I could buy a turbo kit for my 2.9 :lol: but Money money! Ill have mine painted by X-mas. I cant Wait to get to work in North D! Then i can build my little cummins and swap that in. Im thinking about the 6spd to go behind it :lol: Haha ill get in one day! :D Your luv is pretty cool! Good luck with the turbo swap! 8)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:43 am 
Addicted to LUV

brianloveshorse wrote:
That will be pretty cool when its done! I could buy a turbo kit for my 2.9 :lol: but Money money! Ill have mine painted by X-mas. I cant Wait to get to work in North D! Then i can build my little cummins and swap that in. Im thinking about the 6spd to go behind it :lol: Haha ill get in one day! :D Your luv is pretty cool! Good luck with the turbo swap! 8)

thank ya!
hopefully i will have it done mid november 8) im looking at around $1050 in parts and machine work.
picking up a second job so it should be nothing :ebiggrin

will take a few pics when i get it cleaned up and get some parts in. going to need another 500-600 or so for the exhaust system, fiberglass for the dash, new gauges, etc

and another 300 or so for a 5 speed.....
its just money with these little trucks!! but somehow its worth it?? not sure why but i love it.
found out you can use trooper front sway bar... will help stabilize drifting for sure :lol:

soo.... 1800 from now it should be ready for paint and body work! whoo more money :evil: :evil:
still hoping to have it all good to go soon working 2 jobs will help a lot since most of my money goes to the luv anyway.

still trying to decide on paint!!
i have heard silver and blue,, white and blue, 3 tone blue done like the red is now.. and all white.. i have no idea what i want to do with it yet... any ideas??

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:53 pm 
Addicted to LUV

brianloveshorse wrote:

man go supercharger your v6 can spin one up better than a 4 banger can! plus you have that beast of a trailer a lil boost would be your best friend going up some of the hills out there!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:09 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

haha, There was a member on here with a silver one that looked pretty cool! lol I just like orange so im helpless on that part. lol haha

Haha Ya tell me about money! lol my lights for my flat bed will be a good 300. :lol: there LED but still! lol 8 LEDs and it adds up fast! im lucky cuz Im gona get my paint for free, Cuz my dad is a painter and the Paint supply comp, supplys all its customers free paint for ther own rigs. and I just have the cab to paint. My old luv bed was shot, it was really bad. Which was weired cuz my cab is in really great shape! it may of been a older bed. Who knows. Flatbed time! 8)

haha and ive been reading the bronco II forums and the ranger ones and over in europe, ford never stoped making 2.9 V6s here the 2.9 was replaced by the 3.0 and the 4.0 and over there they turbo them (they make a hole kit, valve springs and the hole 9 yard) and they pump 325 to 350 horses out of them and run around 25 pounds of boost! 8O Thats what they say anyway. :lol:

Ill just stick with my cummins swap. haha A cummins will be a hole lot cooler than a turbo 2.9 :lol:
haha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:25 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Ill just stick with my cummins swap. haha A cummins will be a hole lot cooler than a turbo 2.9 :lol:
haha[/quote]
especially in a luv/ranger. small pickup with monster diesel torque!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:47 am 
Addicted to LUV

my impulse turbo manifolds and turbo got here yesterday :) thanks again Crinos96 :D
going to head down to the garage in a few minutes get everything all cleaned up and take a few pics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 558 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next