LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:54 pm 

Recently got a new project, 1980 chevrolet Luv 2wd. To make this a quick and simple, planning on just building it into a play toy that i can drive on the street. Solid axle swap, 4.3 v6, manual trans, etc. i can pretty much do everything so fortunately, no stupid questions from this guy :D . Unfortunately, i am a newbie at body work. Rust repair, replacing panels, no problems. But dealing with non existent floorpans and not able to get any replacements online is where i’m stuck. Basically the back half of the cab floor is gone. I have 90 percent of the trans tunnel to work with, and 99 percent of the back of the cab. Looks like i may have to just make custom floorpans. Dont have to be pretty, dont have to worryabout any mounts besides the frame mounts. How would you guys go about this?

Attachments:
66D080F3-C443-4937-87B4-AADF6391411E.jpeg
66D080F3-C443-4937-87B4-AADF6391411E.jpeg [ 2.31 MiB | Viewed 20809 times ]
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 4:49 pm 

I got some steel from a scrap yard and made a template out of cardboard for my floor pans. I cut the steel pattern out with a 4.5 inch grinder using cut-off wheel. I own a welder and tacked it in to the floor. I covered the steel with some sound deadening material, then put carpet over that. It turned out great and is solid A friend of mine said you can use an old refrigerator door for the steel! Then you would have an Isuzu and a Maytag truck! Dale Swinedog