LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:38 pm 

Recently acquired a Full sized 1968 C10 Stepside. I love Stepsides but the LUV truck project that I was going to start this spring has been Cancelled Per Wifey's request to promise to SELL it....(I just Vomitted in my Head!) if I got the C10. I get this look everytime she pulls in the driveway or walks by it. Let me explain about the LUV that will be for sale soon as soon as the weather breaks and I can take some decent photos. I have done some work to it already and have purchased plenty of parts to restore it. Let me list the new / used parts now.

N= New
U=Used

New Tan Carpet (Molded with Jute) N
Prelude Seats...( 80's model, Grey in color) U
Grant GT steering wheel U
Weber Down draft Carb U but works great
Weber Air Cleaner N (May have 2 of these)
Rockers N
Stepside Bed (Removed, have all the panels, has been sanded and primed. Stepside Tailgate, has been roughed with tiger hair, not sanded yet, has slot for Thin LED Brake light Molded in. Also have a Cadillac CTS 3rd brake light trunk mounted assembly to go with the truck. I have the Cab panels as well which have also been sanded and primed, ready to paint or prepped more to your liking.)

Cab Needs prepped for painting as I have not got around to it yet. Little rust up top, but needs rockers on both sides which I already have and will be included with the Truck. Rockers were made by Tabco.

Converted Single headlights to Factory Quads and stock Grill.
No front Bumper...the Bumper was hit when my mother accidently hit the truck while coming into the driveway. It may be repairable as I have not attempted ANY work on this truck in the past 2 years.

HOOD...Has Cowl induction molded in to the hood and is virtually ready to paint with some light prep work.
Truck Cranks, Runs, Has an Exhaust but needs hanging and secured.
Pale yellow in color, Sliding Window,
Oh....I will also include and EXTRA WINSHIELD that I had planned on cutting for when I was gonna chop the top. The truck you see below is NOT the truck that is for sale, but was going to look similar when I finished.
Has Stock Wheels, but I think this truck has DISC brakes in the front, I cannot be sure but I will know when I return to this board with the photos. Truck is covered, and I need to clean the leaves and junk from the bed before I present it. I just need to know if anyone on here is looking for an almost perfect LUV project that I have to abandon. Like I mentioned it RUNS! Just needs to be put back together.
Stock 4Cylinder 1.8l engine, but you will need to tow it away as it is not Road ready.
I will probably ask between $1800 and $2.5k since it does have the original Cali Stepside and most if not all of the parts to restore it . I am presenting this opportunity here and will take offers ONLY after the photos are posted here to give everyone who is interested a fair chance before I put it on Craigslist or Ebay.
PM me if you are interested. The truck is in Greensboro NC. I really don't want to sell this baby as I Adore Luv trucks, but, the wife says either it goes or the C10 goes... So.. The Luv is what I have chosen to leave....
...This hurts man! I Know some of you feel my pain and have probably gone thru this. But, my loss is your gain should you choose to accept this mission! This is the 2nd LUV truck I have HAD to sell due to too many projects according to "The Wifey".... Sniffle Sniffle..... :smt010 :smt010 :smt010 I hear violins playing....