LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:23 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

nope they are electric also. Look at my center console pictures. The controls right after the arm rest are for the seats.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:28 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

New updates over the weekend

Wood floor was started. Still need to make the cap piece, t-bat between each board, and inserting pieces of wood between each gap in the tailgate.

Image<--Not me

Made the back panel where my sub, and 2 amps are being mounted on:

Made new door panels

***Also my grandmother is making me a new headliner***

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:32 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Also. what do you guys think of be taken a tourch and burning the surface of the wood before putting clear coat on the wood floor?

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:35 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

i did that on a 70 1/2 ton that i had it looked wicked but the wood that i had in that didnt have any knot holes that wasnt cheep eather

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:38 pm 
da LUV masta

i think the knot holes give it charater

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:59 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

im not saying theres a problem with them i actualy think that it gives it a more old school look and if you burn it to bring out the grain in it i think it will look bad ass

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:57 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

luvmachine78 wrote:
im not saying theres a problem with them i actualy think that it gives it a more old school look and if you burn it to bring out the grain in it i think it will look bad ass

thanks, I am sorta going for some old school, but with a lot of new stuff in it. But just wanted some opinions on the idea of burning the wood.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:14 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

go for it not very many people do it because u can fuck it up realy easy so good luck to ya i think it will turn out great

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:04 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

I did not have much time to work on my truck this weekend till sunday afternoon. All I got done is that I laid in some fiberglass cloth on some parts I am working on, and cut holes in the front valance with no holes already in it, that I had ordered from ctmandu.
Here are some pictures of the valance before and after I put the holes in it.

**The fog light is just sitting in there. If I work on my Luv next weekend I will get them mounted and mount it on the Luv for I can see all its glory! :ebiggrin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:15 am 
Addicted to LUV

Toasty wrote:

Image<--Not me

That picure is soooo photoshop worthy lmao

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:28 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

There are lots of pictures of him that are photoshop worthy and i am pretty sure there is l.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:55 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

UPDATES
about 95% of the interior is now done. Basically just got a little bondo to sand down and paint those areas and finish up the electrical. My fiancee took a few pictures 2 weeks ago while I was working on the LUV, and she just sat there and looked pretty the whole time...hahaha. I will get the pictures added on her soon.

I do not see getting this project done anytime soon. Income has taken a hit lately and now only able to buy a few cheap items, and just work with what I have already purchased. I do not see getting this truck done till April-May time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:08 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Here are a few pictures. Hopefully I can get some more accurate pictures this weekend of how it is now.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:28 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

How did you go with the motor???

The G180 and G200 are the same stroke/ crank.

The G200 has a lower compression head. Probably good to use the G180 head on yours.
Dont know what it costs in the US but it should be well under $100 to have your camshaft reground to give the engine a little more go.

The G200 had some sort of oil fed hydraulic cam chain tensioner. I think its best to use the G180 one. Not sure. Worth looking at.

You can also buy a double row timing chain kit as well. But a new single row chain should do the trick for most rebuilds.

There is a guy here in Australia that has got a G161 engine (little brother ofr the G180 & G200) down the 1/4 mile in under 10 seconds. Its a stock block, stock crank, stock rods, turbo off its head in an Gemini (I-mark).

Looks like your build is coming along well.

Im not so sure i like the way your tailgate has been done. With the tailgate open all that weight hanging off the corner post will put a lot of stress on it.

Since you have put the wood down on the floor you will have to seal it all up well and keep a cover on it because if it gest mositure down in onto the wook it will get the metal under it rusting away.

Take care with buying the wheels. It is not easy to get anything over 6" wide to stay nicely under the mudguards, especailly on the front. They will either dish in too far and hit suspension or they will poke out from under the guards.

Cheers, Bob.

Chasing parts for Isuzu Impulse.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:58 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Well its been almost 10 years now, and I just pulled it out of storage and nothing had been done to it since I last talked on here till the past weekend. I got it home and installed the back windshield, removed all the fiberglass work i did to the dash. I had fiberglassed in a GPS into the dash but with technology has gone in the past 10 years it did not make sense to keep it in there.

I also had to spend a good few hours just cleaning everything from all the mouse droppings and nest found in the truck. My next step is to figure out where I left off with the electrical. Since last working on it I have worked with low voltage a lot and have a better grasp of how things should be and need to make sure I did not make and mistakes in my original install.

My motor is still on the engine stand at my fathers which I will be picking up in a few weeks. Last I can remember I had gotten the engine honed, head milled, crank shaft milled. Then got the crankshaft, pistons, head, and started to install all the timing gears.

The plan is to get the electrical all sorted out, then store it at my father in-laws for the winter. Then take the motor to work and keep it in our warehouse and finish it this winter.

It will be a long time before I ever get this truck finished (if ever) but I am hoping I can get the engine installed in the spring.