LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:41 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Toasty wrote:
Does anyone on here do air brushing?

I wish I could. There is a guy close by here that does it. He got flooded out last summer so I'm not sure if he has reopened yet??? He is very good. He did some painted on a friends dragster. I will see if I can find some pictures of it.

Sometimes too much to drink isn't enough!!
Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken.
http://www.wildluvracing.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:54 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

ok that would be great. I do not know any one locally and its a small item that can be shipped fairly cheap so that is why im seeking help finding someone.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:28 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Here is my other option i am thinking about for wheels

Which one out of the 2 do you guys like better? I feel pretty equal on both.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:09 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Here is a picture I found, but it is not a very good close up shot. I will see if I can get ahold of him and see if the painter is back to painting. He talks to him once in a while. He didn't paint the purple but he painted the silver flames and the orange. In the orange there is diamond plate. He did it all by hand. I will send you a pm when I find something out.

Sometimes too much to drink isn't enough!!
Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken.
http://www.wildluvracing.com

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:05 pm 

Theres a custom shop, in kawkawlin MI. They do alot of custom airbrush and paint, when we trade the door panels i can give u little more info then. psychocustoms.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:04 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Over the week i was able to trade for the correct door panels that was suppose to come with my 78 from Brad2thabone who bought the other 78 Luv from the same guy.

On Sat. I bought a pair of 6.5 Polk Audio speakers to fit in the original speaker spots in the door panels, how I plan on using the interior from the 78, its primarily all in good condition.

Beyond that I was unable to do anything else how my intake was leaking on my blazer and had to replace the gaskets and ended up taken from Friday afternoon till Sunday afternoon. Just tons of problems I ended up having.

Next weekend I plan on take the part that goes underneath the small front bumper and get it straighten, and see about getting the rest of the 78 apart (transmission, headliner, wheels, front calipers, rear glass, and couple misc things) for it can head to the scrap yard. How even the frame has rust holes big enough to stick my hand through it.

**************************************************************************************************
I have new ideas for body and paint for my truck.
Exterior
-Primary Paint: Matte Black
-Wheels: either 14" or 15" Steel Wheels powder coated red
-Large White Wall Tires
-Signal lights on the sides shaved off.
-Shave the underneath bumper part to make it 1 solid smooth piece.
-Make roll bar for back bumper to keep it all smooth
-Mudflap Girls Grill Emblem
-Mudflap Girls back window stickers
-1955 Nash Rambler Girl Hood ornament (airbrushed).

Interior
-Stock Mikado Interior
-Polk Audio 6.5 door speakers
-Polk Audio 10" Sub
-Direct 1200 Amp
-350 Watt off Brand amp for 6.5 Speakers
-Ipod
--(truck will not have a radio Ipod directly to both amps, amps to speakers, its how my blazer is and it works out great)
-Germen 340
-Reupholstered Black bench seat
-Reupholstered Black Headliner
-Mikado Steering Wheel
-Still have to figure out what I am going to do about the dash itself.

That is whats on my list right now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:25 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Well finally got some more work done on the truck. I had wired up all the relays for the electric poppers for the doors. Removed the old wire harness and got most of the wire harness put in place with in a few hours. The only thing that slowed me down is that this was the first time my grandmothers been gone when I have came over and my father had told me the wrong code to get into her house...so the security alarm went off. O well still got a lot done. Wont be working on it for another 2 weeks or so then I will start splicing in all the plugs from the old harness onto the new one.

Also got the block fully taken apart and taken to the shop to get bored 30 thousands over for only $80. Next time I have a chance I will work on removing everything off the head and get that milled at the same place for $35.

Next week I move into a house with a few friends, and pick up my new dog I had adopted from an abusive home. So going to fully moved in and spend some time with my newest friend :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:41 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

UPDATE

I have not wrote on her in awhile so here is whats going on. Right now I am looking for rings for my motor ~75mm my father said he thinks it is (he had a guy find the pistons). Well I am going to spend Friday - Sunday working on the LUV. I am hoping to have the block back by Friday for i can start putting part of it back together. Then head over to where the truck is being stored and finish wiring it up.

I also traded my chrome wheels for the stock steel wheels, and which I am going to have my father powder coat them red. I am short on cash until May, so I can not afford to do anymore body work on the truck at the moment. However I might get the box off and cut the floor out for i can get it prepped for when I can buy the angle steel to mount in the wooden floor. If I can actually remember my camera I will try to take pictures for once of the truck. Sorry for no new pictures since I bought it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:44 am 

Toasty wrote:

Does anyone on here do air brushing?

If you wanna send it and let me know what color or if you have a color code i will mix it myself. just pm me and i will give you all my info, and if you wanna see work of mine i will send you pics ok

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:55 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

OK, so i just found my new seats for my luv on Craiglist last night, and going over to the guys house after work today. They are Black Leather Bucket seats from a Olds Bravda?? whatever the name is for the oldsmobile Chevy Blazer version. Plus center console with built in seat controls, and overhead console that has a built in compass. I plan to most likely cut up the center console and make my own, and fiberglass it.

Plans for this weekend
Fit in my new seats, upper console, and start building a center console, that will also hold my 1 10" sub, seat controls, and if possible a hide away compartment.

Also finish up the wiring my mess of a new wire harness.

Maybe this week or the next:
*Shave the side lights off.
*Finish any custom interior work that need to be mocked up before paint.
*Prep for paint

Memorial Weekend: (Friday-Sunday)

*Prime & Paint Box, Side Panels, and Doors
*Paint as much of the frame as possible without taken off the cab.
*Work on the engine more
*Remove any parts needed still from the parts truck (get ready for scrap yard)
**Do not get mad about the scrap yard, their so absolutely no good metal on the frame or body, and anything worth keeping will be removed.

Later:
*Move motor mounts back where they were placed on the newer Luv's
*Paint interior & exterior of Cab
*Paint motor
*Install EVERYTHING
*Powder Coat Wheels Red
*Put white wall tires on.
*Install wood Floor in the box

That is about what I got to do, before I even get to EVER drive this Luv.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:18 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Ok i plan to put in an electric fan. How big of a fan can you fit on the stock radiator? The truck is not located where i live so I am unable to check right now.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:01 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

FINALLY got some pictures taken.
Did not really get much done as planned which is going to make it for there will be no painting over memorial weekend. :(

I lowered the truck 3" front and back
Pre installed the leather seats
worked on customizing the center console
A little more electrical work (I am not a big fan of it so I am doing a little each time I work on the truck.)

Stock Height
Lowered

(taken before front was lowered)

Interior

Got the first layer of fiberglass cloth on the center console to make the shifter fit inside.

Box same as I got it so far.

Steel Wheels before getting Powder Coat (should be powder coated by this weekend red).

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:48 pm 
da LUV masta

Looking good. I like the seats and center console.

Toasty wrote:
Maybe this week or the next:
*Shave the side lights off.

Are you just going to run w/o side lights or put something custom on? I always worry about cops if I'm not legal.

Toasty wrote:
Later:
*Move motor mounts back where they were placed on the newer Luv's

I'm moving my motor mounts as well, to accomodate a 2.2l diesel which I think would have used the same mounts as the '76-'80 gas engine. I made the patterns out of cardboard today. Will try to weld some real ones up next weekend.

Good progress.

Eric Q.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:25 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

cops are not that bad about custom works with lights. As long as there are turn signals on the truck, I do not believe they will ever give me any trouble.

For the motor mounts I am borrowing a plasma cutter and then rewelding them in the correct location.

I also ordered a fiberglass solid front valance from ctmandu over the weekend, where I am going to mount LED turn signals, and fog lights on it. Also got something special to put in the center, but I'll save that for later.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:48 pm 
da LUV masta

Toasty wrote:
For the motor mounts I am borrowing a plasma cutter and then rewelding them in the correct location.

Ahhh a plasma cutter... that would have been nice. My sawzall worked pretty good at removing the original mounts but some of the angles were hard to get into. Regarding the correct location for reinstallation, I put the motor in and held it in place with a hoist to get the 'best' location. This new location puts the rear side of each mount on the cross member so a fair amount of trimming is need on that one. I would have liked to set the engine back a bit further in the compartment but then the transmission mount (part with rubber from the diesel) wouldn't fit on the trans mount plate (metal plate from '75). As it is, the holes don't match up but at least I can drill new holes in the plate. If I move it back any further it'll be into the transmission cross member. The tranny mount and cross member are significantly different between '75 and '82. I'd be curious if it's the same between '75 and '76-'80.

Toasty wrote:
I also ordered a fiberglass solid front valance from ctmandu over the weekend, where I am going to mount LED turn signals, and fog lights on it. Also got something special to put in the center, but I'll save that for later.

While I didn't get a front valance from ctmandu, I did steal his idea of aftermarket turn signals. I have a couple of round glass ones from a '50 chev that should look nice. What fog lights are you going with? I think some of the larger round driving lights will complement the dual headlight look nicely. That's the type I'm looking at but haven't settled on an exact pair yet. The ones on Dodge trucks, Toyota trucks, and Subaru's look the best so far.

I'm anxious to see your surprise.

Keep the pictures coming.
Eric Q.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:06 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

If i remember right i bought a smaller more oval fog lights. The big round ones would not fit in the front valance where I want them so I choose the small ones. Hopefully I will get it soon and then I will start cutting out the holes for the lights and take some more pictures.

If there is some trimming to do on the bracket after you take it off. I might just want to take the ones out of the other truck too and put those one in my 75.

The the surprise is not that special, just fits my theme of the truck once i get it done.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:10 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

Good looking seats!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:11 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

tuffluv72 wrote:
Did you steal those seats out of a 300Z?

actually out of a 92 oldsmobile bravada

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:13 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

I just saw that. :oops:

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:18 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

I have a set that look just like yours that I got out of a 300Z. The one I got are electric. Yours look manual.Am I right?