LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:06 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Well i have been shopping for a while . I was doing the LUV search on C list and happened across this thing way down the list . I called the number and left a messae . Took about a week and i got a call . Didnt even remember the truck thinking it was a dead end . Ended up talking to the owner Russel . he bought the truck almost 3 years before with intentions of doing a V-8 conversion and life got in the way and it got stored at a friends place were out of site out of mind became the norm. I ended up getting everything arranged and made the trek 3.6 hrs away to an area outside of a small town inTexas called Lott . A good friend of mine Rodger rode with me and we Meet Russell , delbert& chris . The truck had been sitting for quit a while and both front tires were flat . I looked over the current condition and evaluated the important corrosion spots . Seemed like a good canidate . So we struck a deal , loaded it up and brought it back to Baytown . Here are the only picks i have now .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:18 pm 
LSX LUV Owner

Like I said earlier, it looks good. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

LMK how it turns out. I have a few stock parts in the attic at my dads house. Not sure what all I have but I can look if u want.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:28 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Looking for reverse light lens already and thanks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:41 am 
Addicted to LUV

Looks like a clean truck to start with, can't wait to watch the progress 8)

Three Amigos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:37 am 
Addicted to LUV

What's no-e?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:05 am 
Addicted to LUV

drummerforhire wrote:
What's no-e?

No electronics . I ran a full season of NHRA sportsman bracket racing and they run a class that is no electronic street It is 7.49 (1/8th mile) or 11.60 (1/4 mile) and slower . We were at regionals and my wife , believe it or not , told me we should be running that class . I told her she should be running it . I seized the opertunity and bougth this thing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:57 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Wow , what a mess . Apartently they were hualing feed when it quit running and left a bag of bird feed in the passenger side .. On the flip side The tin is so clean that the carpet retainers are still in the truck . Here are some better pics from before the clean up started .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:03 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Nobody even caught the Luv at Loves

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:23 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I was gagging over the golden arches...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:07 am 
Addicted to LUV

Got alot done yesterday . Got the old carpet out and the seat cleaned up . Vacuumed out the inside and the floor pans are spotless . If my Yellow truck is a 6 rust wise , this truck has to be a 9 . I have yet to find rust through , just surface stuff i am fixing as i go . I also got it washed . This was a job . I first scrubbed it with some purple power then regular car wash . Rotory buffed it with Meguiers #1 polish . It came out prett good . Next will be a orbital with a Cleaner wax . The main water line to the house broke and the rear Ujoint on my big Ford quit on the way home from the hardware store . Busy evening , not to mention the wife is not as thrilled about this project like i am .

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:46 am 
Addicted to LUV

I know what you mean about the wife not digging the Luv. I been getting the "driveway looks like a junkyard" for months. I had to pass on another parts truck last week. 8)

Three Amigos

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:26 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I don't understand the wife's way of thinking. I told mine I wanted to buy her a plane that would be all hers, she was not excited, we try to include them and it's like they don't care. My thinking is to just surprise them with these nice gifts we want for them. I say we just keep trying.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:53 am 
Addicted to LUV

Luvrv8 wrote:
I don't understand the wife's way of thinking. I told mine I wanted to buy her a plane that would be all hers, she was not excited, we try to include them and it's like they don't care. My thinking is to just surprise them with these nice gifts we want for them. I say we just keep trying.

I keep trying this and it never works . She kept shouting about replacing the carpet in blah , blah , blah ( drifting back off into how long a drag radial needs a burnout ) . Oh , and christmas money and college and moms clothes washer .

Anyway , got the Ford fixed and bought a LT4 Hotcam For the motor . The motor is a 96' 880 Vortec 2 bolt main with a nice set of polished and beamed older style rods and SRP 2 relief flattops . The bottom end hardware is ARP .
This motor was gapped at .018 top and .022 middle so it will need some run time before a small plate gets put on it . The Lt4 hot cam hydraulic roller lifters , double roller chain and 1.6 roller rockers all linked to a set of smaller World products Torquer S/R 180 heads , Summit stage 2 mid rise dual plane , a demon 750 ( may swap to 650 ) and a MSD Hei .
My tight TSI Nitrous conveter out of my Yellow truck and the fresh TH350 that was originally in the yellow truck .
31 spline 9 inch woith 3.60 street gear and a spool . The rear axle will be narrowed to fit 15 x 10 with 5.5 backspace so all my wheels will fit both trucks . This truck will be on slapper bars , but i am working with Smith Racecraft out of Dallas on a set of these bars for it on stock springs .
http://srdparts.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=50&category_id=28&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:13 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Well got some done today . Woke up saturday and the wife and i drove up to Conroe , Texas . This is north of Houston and the largest fall swap meet we have . Found nothing fo a LUV . I did find a MSD billet HEI distributer with 8.8 wires and a nive like new play back tach . While at the swap meet i got a call and ended up headed back to work from the afternnon til 7 am in the morning . Got a little done on this thing . Swapped out the front side marker lights that had been spliced into for some spares i had stashed in the garage . I also dug around and found a passenger side mirror that wasnt broken . I replaced the master cylinder and blew threw the steel lines . New flex hoses , calipers , pads , seals ,fabricates 5 lug hubs with trooper rotors everything cleaned and bearings repacked with Royal purple wheel bearing grease . Here are the photos .
before:
after:
The healing has began:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:15 pm 
LSX LUV Owner

looks good. slick set of hubs you got there :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:22 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Wicked Mayhem wrote:

Yeah, I was noticing those too, lol...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:48 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Wicked Mayhem wrote:

If you look at picture #2 you can see where i had to take a flap wheel ( 40 grit) to the slider bracket the caliper goes in . There is a hump on that side ( outside ) that had to be taken down to flush . Also the arch or radius on that same portion of the bracket toward the rotor had to be clearenced to clear those big ass studs i sent with you . Should have just had you use what you had been using on the others . Good fit though .

This truck will be the cleanest / best build ive done . The truck has some bad spots that will be addressed down the road .So far i have found everything to repair/ replace any cut wires or modified parts back to original . Truck should look like it came from the factory with a V8 .

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:54 am 
Addicted to LUV

Just some clean up pics .
Before flor pans :
After:
Engine compartment

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:25 am 
Addicted to LUV

Got more done this weekend . Cam swapped in the motor . Ended up going LT4 hotcam . Motor is just about finished .
Also picked up the rear axle . 85 Ford F-150 4 x 4 gave this one up for $150 . I have 3.60 with a spool , 4.20 spool and the 3.50 that came in this one . I cleaned up the backing plates and added new wheel cylinders , spring kits and shoes followed by turning the drums . All the front brakes are now new , except for the tubing . This includes rotors , bearing , calipers , seals , hoses, master cylinder , dot 3/4 synthetic fluid .
And a sneak peak at how things are shaping up .

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:24 pm 
LSX LUV Owner

i like those super lights on there.

Plans on getting rid of some of that wheel gap?