LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: S-10 build
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:30 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

Luvrv8 wrote:
After looking at the pics I can go $600.00 on the Chevy to win.

Motor to motor? 8O

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:26 am 
Addicted to LUV

Well my Dad has been in the hospital for almost 3 weeks with congestive heart failure @77 years old . He has 15% heart function and he is fighting . Between working 60-72 hrs a week , trips back and forth to see him and the rotating assembly in for balance i haven't had much dime time . I did however take saturday night off and go watch some drag racing . Well i pull up to my favorite spot and who do i see ? MR. 406 himself . CT it was good seeing you and your son . I enjoyed the company . It was fun .

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:10 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

LMAO.....Thanks for that pic, I think i need a hair cut!
HotRod i'm sorry to hear about your Dad my prayers go out to you and your family,It was great to talk to you and rick as always hopefully we can do it more often this year at some of the events, If there is anything i can do for just let me know sir.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:26 pm 
Addicted to LUV

My Machinist called me this afternoon and told me he just knocked the last piston in it . I usually assemble them ( motors) , but i think He's pretty proud of this one . This is one of the best pieces i have ever built . He said the deck was so far off his machine couldn't cut it . It was .018 in the front and .031 in the rear . It's zero now ( told you CT ) . Told me bring the rest of the stuff and we'll finish it up sometime this week . Matt called me this afternoon and told me Kenny Hubbard (another local all around good guy) is ready to build the trans , so i gotta haul that to him coming up . Been working on small stuff like pre plan for radiator . Researching the A/C parts needed to convert to 134A . Also got all the stuff together to build Rick's center section . Looking like i will have sometime next week to relax and get busy . This type of work is relaxing and gives me a sense of acomplishment .

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:46 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Sorry to hear about your dad. Congrats on the progress...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:20 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

LOL..... you were right on the money with the decking call HotRod and i'm glad to hear it's coming all together for ya quickly, good to hear ricks parts are done that meanshe will have to start posting on here, you got a PM coming for some info.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:38 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Well i got the shortblock back and the timing cover and balancer on . The lifters are in and the oil pump and windage tray should be in tommorow .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:52 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

uh oh i better get my act together...... looks like it's coming along very nicely Hotrod.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:08 am 
Addicted to LUV

Not much of an update , but a new picture . i welded up the oil pump pickup and installed the pan . Got a new copper washer for the oil plug . The heads are on and torqued . Timing chain cover wasn't my first choice , but i had it and it was new in the box . Hoping to have the intake and valve train buttoned up by the end of the weekend . Headers and mounts should be here soon . Plaining the install the weekend of the 25th .

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:45 am 
Addicted to LUV

Headers and mounts came in . Waiting on the transmission .

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:18 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

geezz how many pc's are those headers?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:54 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Too many . I hate exhaust leaks bad . Today I got MSD digital 7 plus , shifter , line lock , trans cooler and tach . Split monos and caltracs and powerglide coming friday . Housing is getting new ends now .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:16 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

DAMN.....i thought you were building a street truck, this sounds like a all out race truck!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:05 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

That powerglide will be bulletproof if built right. I think the 700 was MUCH better in mine cruising on the hiway. Overdrive is awesome when running a 4 plus gear. They just cost three times as much to build or more for a good one.

Also what gear are you planning on running? Spraying that much nitrous you could easily get away with a decent hiway gear and help that small tire. But will hurt motor runs. All in what you want I guess. If I do another one it will VERY comfortable on the street and be built to handle a 200-300 shot or more at the track. A MILD cruiser will FLY on a properly tuned heavy NO2 shot.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:14 pm 
Addicted to LUV

CT'S LUV wrote:
DAMN.....i thought you were building a street truck, this sounds like a all out race truck!

Nah , i got a good deal on the glide and since i got in the pinks all out deal i need a trans brake to be competitive . I'll pull it out and go short shaft 350 for around town after the new wears off the glide and im done with 7.0 index stuff .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:16 pm 
Addicted to LUV

You can't hide money... :lol:

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:18 pm 
Addicted to LUV

luvit80 wrote:
That powerglide will be bulletproof if built right. I think the 700 was MUCH better in mine cruising on the hiway. Overdrive is awesome when running a 4 plus gear. They just cost three times as much to build or more for a good one.

Also what gear are you planning on running? Spraying that much nitrous you could easily get away with a decent hiway gear and help that small tire. But will hurt motor runs. All in what you want I guess. If I do another one it will VERY comfortable on the street and be built to handle a 200-300 shot or more at the track. A MILD cruiser will FLY on a properly tuned heavy NO2 shot.

I have a 3.90 gear for it . I can get away with a TH350 after pinks allout . I already have the plate for the shifter . Your right i would like to have a 700 for it guess i could get that plate for my shifter also and just have a shaft made . Im beat . I spent all day trying to make a set of Caltracs work that are for another application . Just worked my but off all day and didn't get anything done .

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:19 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Well the Caltracs didn't work and im back to square one there . I did get the axle housing ends and axles . I ended up getting a smokin deal on a set of used 31 splines . I already have a 31 spline spool , so i went that way .

Just about got the motor ready to pull . I got it about half way apart and found out why it was running rough . O2 senser wire was pinched under the valve cover and grounded . The little motor was probably O.K. Oh well its coming out . GOing to try and trade it for a set of buckets at the salvage yard .

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:26 pm 
Addicted to LUV

What was wrong with the Caltracs?

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:40 am 
Addicted to LUV

They are for a 67-69 Camaro and would need to be modified to work . The split monos are to wide and the center pin location is too far forward . I can make the caltracs work , but the guy i bought them from offered to give me my money back on both , but won't seperate . Im just gonna put a set of Daggers on it with stock springs as they are mmore adjustable anyway .

You can't hide money...

There you go again ....

I did get the motor ready to come out . It is just sittin there with a chain on it . If the rain would stop for long enough to get it out i wouold be that much farther along . We have had a week of rain + 60 hour work weeks .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next