LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:26 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

my buddy has a rodeo that he's taking the 4x4 runnig gear out of and i get it all. i know the rear end will work. its got 4.10's disk brakes, electric locker!. from the front i get the whole spindle and rotor asembly c.v. joints and axle basicaly everything but the a-arms. but i was thinking that all of that would be a nice update and up grade for my 79. we are going to see what we can get to fit this weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:30 pm 
Banishment Pending

the front end you got there is an Isuzu 10 bolt, pretty beefy IfS unit, you can try to swap the axle and cv's over but I don't know if they'll fit. The rear end unit you got there isn't the bullit proof 12 bolt though, Rodeo's got the Dana 44 rear end, not a bad axle, and there is a ton of after market stuff out there for it. Good luck and let us know what you find out with the IFS swap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:58 pm 
this space for rent

my understanding is that in opder to upgrade to the 10bolt front pumpkin you need to replace everything from hub to hub. You might even need to modify the A-arms as i think the steering knuckles are different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:14 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I'm not even sure if the width is similar between a Rodeo and a LUV. I bet you'd have to swap a lot more than just diff, tube, axles, CVs, and hubs though.

I've seen a couple of people who have swapped out the 8 bolt in an 87 Trooper for a 10 bolt, but that is a special year, came with both depending on when it was made. Could be with the combo of parts it might all bolt right up, but it might take a bit of detective work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:45 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

well i pulled the front axle's yesterday. kind of pain in the a$$, but i need to locate some pup spindles to swap in the front for the 5 lug for the rodeo then i get the spindles and disk brakes(they're huge the smallest wheel that fits around them is a 16") i hope i can get it all to fit!! the only thing that sux is it has the auto locking hubs so i need to get some manual hubs.