LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:12 pm 

Anybody have a recommendation for a replacement windshield wiper motor on a 1980 4x4 Chevy Luv? I'm out here in Colorado and it's about time for the snow and ice. My wipers were working but only on one setting (EXTREMELY slow) and last night i turned em on to get a miniscule maybe 1/4" of snow off my windshield and they made it one inch before refusing to move. I'm assuming the motor is my problem because the fuse was still good. On a side note...

Made a ~600 mile road trip from Kansas City to Denver in my Luv, can't believe she made it. Got kicked off i-70 by a state trooper for about a 50 mile section, but other than that, smooth sailing! Not to mention the truck is a huge hit out here with my coworkers. With the redline carburetor i installed, i could maintain highway speeds 65-70+ MPH easily after I got more comfortable with it. Not that i recommend running them at that pace.

I was having a problem going through fuel pumps, pretty much going through one a month. Easily went through more then half a dozen in a matter of a few months. I swapped down to a smaller (and cheaper) Psi fuel pump before making the trip and i have yet to have a problem and that was two months ago. I have to admit the fuel pump i put on was half assed at best... the new pump has a two bolt base that required drilling on the pickup to install and i didn't have the time nor the tools so I zip tied the think on there with three zip ties. Not craftsmanship i am particularly proud of, but I've put over 1500 miles on the new pump with no problems (knock on wood!). Anyways, long boring story short... any advice on a replacement windshield wiper motor?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:50 pm 

Hey man, were you ever able to find the wiper motor? I am having the same problem with my Luv at the moment. Nobody seems to have them in stock at all.