LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:48 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

So I had a 72/80 body on 80 chassis. Built from the ground up. It was a high school project. Frame up resto. I worked in Seattle as a painter at the time. This kid kept nagging me about selling it so I through the idea around and even asked on here what a fair amount for it would be. After so I ended up putting another $1000 weber/new 31' tires. Lifted 72 replica 1980 on title. The kid kept coming to my job site when I am working and waving that cash in my face. I told him I wouldn't take less than $3500. Next day he shows up with all the cash in hand. I just happened to have the title on me..... Sold the truck right there at my job site. The truck did have one problem and it was in the wiring and I could not figure out the issue. it would intermittently die and it would burn up ignition switches. However, the truck was near showroom quality, I let her go. The kid even said kiss her good bye as I left in my co-workers work van.
Fast forward three years. I am frantically looking for another 4x4 luv truck. I cant find one any where near me and nearly drove to Nevada to pick one up. Ended up buying a Firebird for 700 bucks and flipping it for 2500 all it needed was water pump and the paint buffed out nice and looked brand new. 2.8 V6 though (BOOOOO) however, I am driving back from Seattle from my brothers because since I sold my LUV I had moved up north to my home county. And sure as s**t what I see on the highway. My old 1972/80 LUV ROLLED SMASHED Completely torn apart and wheeled to death. I couldn't believe someone would do it to that nice of a truck. I was heart broken that I would never get that truck back.

What I have learned from this. If you can put a new wiring harness in. I did in my titled 1974 4x4 and I have 0 issues with this truck its a tank now. I will never sell it. I just keep reminding my self of this story. The Anguish I went through when seeing my first luv torn apart.

Share your stories of a LUV you lost or Let Go!!!!

Cheers! :ewink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:24 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

I had a 74 that I got on a trade. Re built the drive train with a nice 350/350 turbo and 9 inch. Really nice tweed interior, cool paint with graphics down the side and a scoop with a mouse painted on it saying here kitty, kitty. I got followed home by the local cops just to let me know they knew where I lived. :lol:

A local kid talked me in to selling it to him and within a week it was stolen and stripped. Broke my heart. :esad