LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:18 am 

trying to figure out where is the best place to find rplacement front 4x4 hubs for my 79 chevy luv offroad truck. also what would be a good brand to use. it is a strictly offroad mud truck.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:48 am 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

Are you looking for the hub proper-as in what holds the bearings & attaches to the rotor & caliper, or for the lockout hub that engages/disengages four wheel drive?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:58 am 

the lockout hubs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:52 pm 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

Best bet would be the stock Aisin hubs from a salvage yard. All 8-bolt pickup fronts used 24-spline axles '79-'87, but there may have been two different hub diameters. car-part.com may be of some help tracking something down.
Warn makes a 24-spline hub for Isuzus, but it may be a different diameter than yours & they are expensive.
'87-on Troopers & '88-on Pickups/Amigos/Rodeos used 10-bolt fronts with 17-spline hubs, they won't fit your LUV.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:46 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I can say that Lockout hubs from a 79 are NOT bolt on compatible all the way up to 87. While the axle size and spline count is the same, the bolt pattern and diameter of the hub body is different. I tried at one point to swap manual locking hubs from one of my many LUVs onto my 86 Isuzu Trooper and it was a no go. Swapping over the wheel hub also is problematic because the spindle is different in the area of the bearings and seal. You *MIGHT* make it work if you took the spindle, hub, rotors, calipers, upper control arm, and the locking hub from an Isuzu 86-7 or older. The plus of that would be that virtually all of those parts would be an upgrade to the LUV. The problem I've seen though was that most all of the early first gen Isuzu Troopers (84-86 and some 87s) that had those parts also came with auto locking hubs not manual.

On the P'uPs you might find more compatible parts, and many more of them came with manual hubs. I can't say I've had my hands on every year from 81-86 in Isuzu pickups.

79 4x4 LUV project: 2.6L, 5spd, 31s (eventually)

MEPR: Man, my 4x4 makes all other LUVs look good :lol: