LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:45 am 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

Let me know what all you use if you swap the LT1 into the LUV. I want to get that done with my wrecked '93 Z28 and put the LT1 in my '76 Mikado. I want to stay with a carb though and I have seen where they make intakes for the swap. I think Edelbrock makes what I will end up needing. I also wondered about what other stuff from the Z will be needed for this swap. I want to part out the rest of the Camaro that is still good, but I don't want to get rid of anything yet that I might need.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:22 pm 

Well Im looking at, at least, the engine wiring harness and ECM, the fuel pump, other than that, right now Im not too sure how much Im going to need. Alot of the parts off the Z are going onto the convertible that my brother decided to buy so by the time I get done with it, its basically just going to be a shell, take it across the scales and get some more money for the project. Right now Im flat busted broke so there is no more work going into it from the last pictures but hopefully since I am finally back to work, Ill get some money in and start getting things done.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:54 am 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

Well I would definitely be curious to know what all you end up using and how it turns out if you ever get it finished. Good luck with it and post updates and pics if you get involved with it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:17 pm 

Ok well I finally got a weekend at home but no work on the LUV, I got another year older today and the day was spent swapping rearends on the Camaros. I have em both dropped, tomorrow I need to put them back up. Busting rusted out brake lines didnt help me much, Im going to try to talk the old lady into going to the bone yard for me this week sometime to get my brush guard with my birthday money. No progress pics of the luv but if i can get em to load, heres some of the axle swap on the maros.

Attachments:
File comment: WHAT A MESS!!!!
IMG_2857.JPG
IMG_2857.JPG [ 63.72 KiB | Viewed 4089 times ]
File comment: OH THATS EVEN BETTER!!!
IMG_2856.JPG
IMG_2856.JPG [ 62.32 KiB | Viewed 4089 times ]
File comment: Ummm, THAT'S never a good thing!!! lol
IMG_2855.JPG
IMG_2855.JPG [ 56.12 KiB | Viewed 4089 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:38 am 
Addicted to LUV

Might be of some help...

http://jackson.craigslist.org/pts/2795604015.html

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:15 am 

Sorry mouz, link was deleted

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:28 pm 

Damn!! Didnt realize it has been two months since Ive posted on here. Thats ok though because there hasnt been much done on the truck other that i have started sanding the bed down, tried blasting it but apparently my blaster doesn't like play sand so I went out today and bout some blasting sand for it and will try it. If that doesnt work for me then Ill take it to a shop down the road and spend the $150 and have them blast it for me. I did buy a 4" grinder to aid in the stripping of paint. Dont worry Im not using the grinding wheel to strip paint, I bought a backing plate so that I can use sanding disks instead of a grinding disk. Goes alot quicker than my little die grinder with a stripping head on it.

I have also been looking for a closer shop around me to do the SAS but the only one around here that does that kind of work said he wouldnt touch it because I wanted to put toy axles under it. He said I either put full size axles out of a 87-94 blazer under it with a 700R4 and 208 transfer case or he wasnt gonna touch it, claiming the axles were only a couple of inches wider than the ones on my truck already. I thought he was on really good drugs but I went ahead and went to the bone yard and measured and confirmed that he was on good drugs. Those axles are about 8 inches wider than my stockers so theres no way in hell that my truck is going to roll down the road looking like some hacked up monstrosity!! Im just going to stick with the guy that is up in Fayetteville since he is willing to work off of what I want and not what HE wants. He does this kind of work in his spare time so he does it and does it right!

If you guys get a chance, or, if anyone has a subscription to "Four Wheeler" magazine, go to page 28 to see his vehicle he is trying to enter into the Top Truck Champions Challenge in Hollister, CA. If ya like it vote for him to be able to take it out there. He is #24.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:27 pm 

Well all of my plans have been shot all to hell!! Not even gonna be able to buy anything for it now til god knows when! Was planning on using the money I wa going to get from selling my camaro to pay for them and some other things, now it's getting spent on a cruise, was planning on using my taxes for the cruise but apparently the IRS isn't going to give me back even 1/5th of what I've paid into it all year. I guess Obama is taking my hard earned money and handing it out to all the people that refuse to work for a living!! I guess I'll just keep buying sandpaper discs(when I can even afford to do that!!!) and rattle can primer and mess with the bodywork when I can. When I get home later I'll take a picture of the poor thing as it sits right now so everyone can see how little is actually done on it. Also I have ALOT of parts that people may be interested in. Carbs, timing covers, starters, alternators, glove boxes, instrument clusters, pulleys, a BUNCH of things, let me know if anyone is interested!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:53 pm 
Addicted to LUV

That sucks, man.