LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:12 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

ok guys! is there anyway to fit 33/14.50/15r tsl tires onto the luv truck!!! i am going to put 2-3 inch body lift and crank the t bars!!! i found a sweet deal on some 33s!! 4 tires 80% tread they look new! for 300$ !!!! can they fit!!! if so what would i have to do! please any info! i rly rly rly dont wanna chop the luv up! pls give me info this deal is to good and wont last very long thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=22598
:usa :minigun: :bio:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:26 pm 
Addicted to LUV

14.5 wide sounds like much of the tire will be outside of the bodyline. Do you know what offset rims you will be using? Is your truck running yet? If not and I remember correctly you are on a tight budget. I would say you are putting the wagon in front of the hourse.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:28 pm 

chrisquested wrote:
ok guys! is there anyway to fit 33/14.50/15r tsl tires onto the luv truck!!! i am going to put 2-3 inch body lift and crank the t bars!!! i found a sweet deal on some 33s!! 4 tires 80% tread they look new! for 300$ !!!! can they fit!!! if so what would i have to do! please any info! i rly rly rly dont wanna chop the luv up! pls give me info this deal is to good and wont last very long thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm the one that told you that 33's would fit. a 14.5 might be a bit wide though, the ones I have are 12" and thats just about all they can handle. after you give it a crank on the bars and body lift it, the last step MIGHT be to cut the fenders front and rear... after that it should be no problem if you planned on offroading it. I admit my experience with luv's is minimal at best BUT building offroaders is something else...

Crank the t-bars, add spring shackles or leafs to the back and air shocks in rear too. could also add coilovers (with adapters) up front too...that'll cure the height issue. IF they are too wide for you, cut the fenders for sure and get out a hammer. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:34 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

dang i got new rims already and the tires that are on the rear are like 12 inch wide and its like almost touching the frame in the back so i doubt they will work also dont really wanna cut all the fender.....well i will just hold out for some 30s....

also i am on tight budget but my dad is puting the motor back together which saved me $150 and he is buying the clutch kit for me saved me another $80 and my gf wants to get me some brand new bfg km2 which would cost $700 bucks and i would rather buy these tsl for 300 because they are really good shape and they look like new tbh no side wall dammage just a little road wear on the top from driving on highway l0l

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:42 pm 

chrisquested wrote:
dang i got new rims already and the tires that are on the rear are like 12 inch wide and its like almost touching the frame in the back so i doubt they will work also dont really wanna cut all the fender.....well i will just hold out for some 30s....

also i am on tight budget but my dad is puting the motor back together which saved me $150 and he is buying the clutch kit for me saved me another $80 and my gf wants to get me some brand new bfg km2 which would cost $700 bucks and i would rather buy these tsl for 300 because they are really good shape and they look like new tbh no side wall dammage just a little road wear on the top from driving on highway l0l

Tell you what. I'll get pictures up of mine within the next few days, and some tonight, with it's 33's on, and I'll get as detailed in the later shots as I can get... so maybe you can pick up some ideas from it too. That way you might get a better idea .... sound good? Also, if I can figure out any technical details to assist you in the process I'll be more than happy to share...

I did do some looking, it has a 2 or 3" body lift, a 2 inch suspension lift and air shocks out back and they are 33x12/15 tires on some what looks like mitsubishi mighty max rims...... the front has heavy duty truck shocks... but I'll get some detailed pics like I said later this weekend if that will help.

Just no jokes about the crappy rattle can paint job... that wasn't my doing lol

Attachments:
IMG_20101211_110406.jpg
IMG_20101211_110406.jpg [ 457.46 KiB | Viewed 7515 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:51 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

ok well as for the rattle can paint job thats what my truck has aswell......now it dont look like you cut your fenders? and i will be very greatfull for all the pics and info you can help me out with. i am more interested in the front of the truck because the rear i can make it work like i can just make a flat bed for rear but in front you need to worry about turning and rubbing and all that stuff.....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:35 am 

chrisquested wrote:
ok well as for the rattle can paint job thats what my truck has aswell......now it dont look like you cut your fenders? and i will be very greatfull for all the pics and info you can help me out with. i am more interested in the front of the truck because the rear i can make it work like i can just make a flat bed for rear but in front you need to worry about turning and rubbing and all that stuff.....

In fact the front has been cut but not the back. The very lowest part up front has been cut across from front to back, about 2 or 3 inches of it, and the edge tapered for a little extra clearance. The rear of the fender was rounded off at the wheel well for the same purpose. It still comes very close but doesn't rub under most uses, I haven't gone crazy with it yet though. Running behind on getting those pics to you, but I will... just bear with me... been wicked busy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:34 pm 

chris, ive got an 82 4x4 diesel it has no bed on it. i just put 31x10.50-15 tires on it.my t bars are stock all i did was cut 4 inches from front to back of fender. then beat heck out of firewall or floorboard.if u got an old beater like me thats all id do. nwhen i find some 33 or 35s ill try em. i think theyll fit with a little 12pound sledge hammer encouragement.i had 27x850-14 on it first had lots of pep, when i put 31s on it i could tell big diffence. DONT GET NONE ON YA BUT IF YA DO GET IT ALL OVER YA.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:20 pm 

I did do some looking, it has a 2 or 3" body lift, a 2 inch suspension lift and air shocks out back and they are 33x12/15 tires on some what looks like mitsubishi mighty max rims...... the front has heavy duty truck shocks... but I'll get some detailed pics like I said later this weekend if that will help.

Quick question, i have 3 inches of body lift but what kinda suspension lift did you do to get 2 inches??????!!!!!!!?? thought they didnt make suspension lifts? :esurprised

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:49 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

1978luvmachine wrote:

Quick question, i have 3 inches of body lift but what kinda suspension lift did you do to get 2 inches??????!!!!!!!?? thought they didnt make suspension lifts? :esurprised

All you can do is crank the torsion bars up front about 2 inchs and there it is, Then throw on a 2-3 inch body lift and thats it unless you wanna put a solid axle up front.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:32 pm 

chrisquested wrote:
1978luvmachine wrote:

All you can do is crank the torsion bars up front about 2 inchs and there it is, Then throw on a 2-3 inch body lift and thats it unless you wanna put a solid axle up front.

Sorry for my absence in the past months, moved to a place w/o internet until now. I achieved the suspension lift with shackles/air shocks out back and modified mounts with 3/4 ton shocks up front (not to mention the torsion bar tweak). I didn't say it wasn't backyard...but since this subject was new I got rid of the truck and went to a 2wd (gasp!)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:50 am 

well my luv had 33x14.50x15 thornburgs on it wen i bought it but the guy wanted to keep the tires but he had cut the fenders to get them to fit and it has a 3 or 4 inc body lift so they will fit but idk if they rubbed or not and it has the stock 1.8l he said it didnt have a problem pulling them i have 33x12.50s on it now and they clear perfectly

Attachments:
luv 3.jpg
luv 3.jpg [ 68.54 KiB | Viewed 7051 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:06 am 

i ran 34x9.5x15 on my sas luv and it was so horribly under powered going up hills that i didnt even enjoy driving it because it felt so hard on the motor. Even with 235/75/15 on my blue one it still is doggish going up really big hills.