LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:09 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

Ok sorry for the new post!

I am wondering with a 2inch body lift and cranking my t bars 2 inches with 2 inch longer shakles if 31/10.50/15r tires would fit on the luv truck. i also was wondering if anyone has a picture of this 2 inch t bar and 2 inch body lift with 31 inch tires i would like to see how it looks compared to stock lift because i want a small beefy looking truck if u know what i mean by that.

please post a pic of a stock luv truck and a luv truck that has a lift on it i would be very! thankful for this. my truck is so close to being runing right now and christmas is coming so that mean i can ask for stuff and a set of tires would be awsome.

well thanks guys!!!!!!!!! :P :D

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=22598
:usa :minigun: :bio:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:29 am 
Addicted to LUV

chrisquested wrote:
Ok sorry for the new post!

I am wondering with a 2inch body lift and cranking my t bars 2 inches with 2 inch longer shakles if 31/10.50/15r tires would fit on the luv truck. i also was wondering if anyone has a picture of this 2 inch t bar and 2 inch body lift with 31 inch tires i would like to see how it looks compared to stock lift because i want a small beefy looking truck if u know what i mean by that.

please post a pic of a stock luv truck and a luv truck that has a lift on it i would be very! thankful for this. my truck is so close to being runing right now and christmas is coming so that mean i can ask for stuff and a set of tires would be awsome.

well thanks guys!!!!!!!!! :P :D

i know just the look your going for. on terms of the body lift anything over 1 1/2 or 2" starts to look like over kill and looks goofy
crank the t bars and see just how much more clearance your gonna need to make a decidion. as far as i knwo it doesnt take much lift to clear 31's

1993 Lexus SC400 my Daily
2004 Yamaha WR250F my new love in life
2016 Toyota Camry my girls ride

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:00 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

well ima start to crank the t bars now i guess and some one told me of these lift blocks i can get from summit this site is very very helpfull. hoping to fit 31s but if not maybe i can figure somthing else out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:36 pm 
Addicted to LUV

chrisquested wrote:
well ima start to crank the t bars now i guess and some one told me of these lift blocks i can get from summit this site is very very helpfull. hoping to fit 31s but if not maybe i can figure somthing else out.

very nice. i was looking into finding some 31's and a lift for my truck as well, let us know how it goes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:33 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

yea i will be sure to let everyone knows how it goes i am trying to post a ton of pics and tell everyone step by step how my build is going i have a post under project/builds showing how much i spent were i got the parts how much they costed ect...with pictures as well lolz.....anyways if i am able to get the truck to sit the way i am wanting and have 31/10.50/15r with out it looking stupid i will be so happy lol i want to go muding in this truck so i need some clearance......but everyone acts like a luv is a shit truck but i dont want to hit no 6 foot mud holes or anything i just wanna slide around in some mud and drive on a few trails nothing toooo major.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:46 pm 
Addicted to LUV

chrisquested wrote:
yea i will be sure to let everyone knows how it goes i am trying to post a ton of pics and tell everyone step by step how my build is going i have a post under project/builds showing how much i spent were i got the parts how much they costed ect...with pictures as well lolz.....anyways if i am able to get the truck to sit the way i am wanting and have 31/10.50/15r with out it looking stupid i will be so happy lol i want to go muding in this truck so i need some clearance......but everyone acts like a luv is a shit truck but i dont want to hit no 6 foot mud holes or anything i just wanna slide around in some mud and drive on a few trails nothing toooo major.

lol it always starts as "nothing too major" then suddenly your pushing 900 horsepower bogging through eight foot mud holes at 90 miles at hour

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:22 am 
Addicted to LUV

"Lift blocks" will only lower the rear. The rear axle is on top of the leaf springs on these trucks and adding blocks in between the two will lower the truck. You will need to add leaf spring shackles to the rear to lift it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:19 pm 

i had on my old one 29's tsl's with the t bar fully torqued but a friend of mine had his fully torqued and also put a 3 inch body lift and he fitted 31's with some extra room for some tire movement in the fender well

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:05 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

I've ran 31x10.50's for about 10 years on my old 80 model. Three inch body lift spring over axle in the rear with longer shackles and tighten up the torsion bars just enough too clear the tires too much and it will ride like crap and bow your tires in and you'll probadly have to trim the fenders a bit close to the floor board and hammer a few edges back. Got my kit from JC Whitley don't know if they still offer it but it was a good one even had the firewall adapter too lower your steering wheel shaft. Word of caution 3" lift will test your patience but it will be worth it in the long run, Oh don't forget you'll have too lower your radiator or take the shroud off.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:38 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

ok so 2 inch body lift and cranking t bars 2 inch will not fit 31s......so that means i will have to try 30s? i looked at a set of 29s on a stock ford ranger and those tires looked sooo small but they were not off road tires so i dont know if there is a difference? anyways i guess this truck is not gona get 30s maybe i will stick with the 14 inch rims....and get those 29 tsl................i just dont want the truck to look stupid with huge tires and i rly dont want them to rub like crazy when i do try and turn or try to off road i had a dodge 1500 that the tires would rub bad and it was anoying.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:05 pm 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

My LUV is lifted a lot more than you can get with a t-bar crank and body lift, has 31's on 8"x15" rims that have lots of backspacing, both the front and back of the fender are trimmed a lot & it still rubs occasionally, especially on the back driver's side, so I doubt you'll ever get 31's to clear without trimming.
My suggestion- & what I did back in '79- borrow someone's tire & wheel of the size you want that will bolt up, raise the truck front off the ground, mount the wheel, see where it's going to hit turning from lock to lock. And remember the tire will rub most on the corners, so sometimes a taller narrower tire/rim will clear better than a shorter wider one. The amount of wheel offset can determine whether it rubs on the inside or outside.
Bottom line- only way to know is to try it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:55 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

yea looks like that is what i am going to have to do i figured some one here would have already done this and would see the post and inform me on everything i needed but its not always that easy lol.....