LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:36 am 

Im brand new to this board and the world of this sweet ass little truck, but im not new to the 4x4 community. I was looking around and it seems no one has attempted to build a rotary 4x4 luv. I mean it seems to make perfect sense to me, they are tiny, fairly cheap and can be extremely powerful. There are some trans options from some mazda trucks and i think retaining the front diff would be a good possibility.

Thanks for all answers/criticisms in advance :ebiggrin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:40 am 
Australian LUV Guru

LUVTRKR wrote:
It does have a license plate so technically it is a street truck, that sets off car alarms and makes kids cry. lol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:49 am 

I worded the question wrong i guess, i mean has anyone done a 4x4 rotary. like i said in the first post i think it would leave room for the front diff and seems like it would be fairly easy to do.

Thanks for the quick response tho!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:41 am 
Addicted to LUV

driftinfc wrote:
I worded the question wrong i guess, i mean has anyone done a 4x4 rotary. like i said in the first post i think it would leave room for the front diff and seems like it would be fairly easy to do.

Thanks for the quick response tho!

sounds pretty straight forward/ if you can find a transfer case that you can hook up the tranny. i was thinking about the mazda 13b rotary for my luv. because of the small size, light weight and massive power output... but you will sacrifice some fuel enonomy.
wikipedia actually has a good amount of information on the mazda rotary engines, power output by year model, and all that good stuff. if your interested. i have seen the full swap kits on ebay. including. engine, turbo, intercooler, transmission, ecu, wiring harness and all that for under $1500 imported direct from japan with LOW miles... if your interested in the swap i would say go for it. look on ebay!!! definately worth it. and very cheap, light and powerful. everything you need for a LUV buildup!!!!!
lol
sorry enthusiastic about the idea. i as thinking about the same thing

1993 Lexus SC400 my Daily
2004 Yamaha WR250F my new love in life
2016 Toyota Camry my girls ride

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:29 am 
Australian LUV Guru

Mazda rotary engine to Isuzu tranny adapter plates are avaliable in Australia. This will allow you to use the Luv 4x4 tranny.

LUVTRKR wrote:
It does have a license plate so technically it is a street truck, that sets off car alarms and makes kids cry. lol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:06 pm 
Addicted to LUV

whichever way you go. the 4x4 isuzu tranny of the mazda tranny.
those rotaries are badass... one of those would be perfect for what i wanna do! lightweight, powerful and compact. perfect. just slightly worse fuel economy.. but who cares X^D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:46 pm 

I was thinking this because i have one, i built an rx7 over the past couple years and im thinking about taking the motor out and putting an lsx motor in. so that would leave me with a 600hp motor and nothing to put it in. There is a local guy with a 4x4 luv, its kinda rough but i think i may offer him like $300. I didnt know there was an adapter for the isuzu trans to the 13bt and that just makes it a little easier.

Heres a pic of the motor, its a little messy cause i was installing something but u get the idea

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:56 am 
da LUV masta

driftinfc wrote:
I was thinking this because i have one, i built an rx7 over the past couple years and im thinking about taking the motor out and putting an lsx motor in. so that would leave me with a 600hp motor and nothing to put it in. There is a local guy with a 4x4 luv, its kinda rough but i think i may offer him like $300. I didnt know there was an adapter for the isuzu trans to the 13bt and that just makes it a little easier.

Heres a pic of the motor, its a little messy cause i was installing something but u get the idea

IMO-600hp will break all the LUV's drive-train. Better look at swapping dif's, tranny and transfer case along with motor.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:42 pm 
Addicted to LUV

ethelkilledfred wrote:
driftinfc wrote:

IMO-600hp will break all the LUV's drive-train. Better look at swapping dif's, tranny and transfer case along with motor.

i was thinking the same thing. but honestly going with the RX7 diff, 5 speed and all of that would be an improvement over stock in the first palce. i was thinking i sound buy an rx7 that got wrecked by one of the many local "amateur drifters :lol: " and swap the entire drivetrain over. and run coilovers on all 4 wheels

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:35 pm 
Addicted to LUV

anyone have a pic of the rotary to 4by 4 trans adapter?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:49 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Figuarus wrote:
anyone have a pic of the rotary to 4by 4 trans adapter?

and/or any info on where to get one!!! that would be perfect